Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Project: LOTUS (case mod)

Always wanted to do a case mod, but never had any ideas of what to do. After talking so some peeps about water cooling we found a bunch of crazy setups with a Cosmos S, instantly I felt inspired to work with that case. I wouldn't be losing any cooling efficiency either since the fan placement for intakes on the Cosmos along with exhaust would make it a great replacement for my Antec.

Now this is just probably going to be a case mod so far. I was originally planning on doing my first water build in this case, but more and more I think about maintenance to keep it running good, plus the fact that I will need more than juts a triple rad I decided to can it.

Here are some concept pics of some ideas I had floating around for paint schemes:

Final Pics (Rev. 1):

·
Registered
215 Posts
I really like the 2nd concept pic that you have done. This case is one the most beautiful cases and hardest to work on when it comes to cable management. Still cuts you made look good looking forward to see how you progress.

·
Registered
753 Posts
i like it so far nice design man
btw i like the second to last picture/concept the best

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Looks good, I can say because that's the same paint job as my cosmos s

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alienware View Post
I really like the 2nd concept pic that you have done. This case is one the most beautiful cases and hardest to work on when it comes to cable management. Still cuts you made look good looking forward to see how you progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lieutenant_Dan View Post
i like it so far nice design man
btw i like the second to last picture/concept the best
That ended up being my final design surprisingly because it seemed the easiest to do. Gonna dremel out the logo on a clear piece of acrylic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffries7 View Post
Looks good, I can say because that's the same paint job as my cosmos s

Lol, white + black on this case looks epic.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
It's a shame you chose not to continue the work log.. I'm sure it'll turn out great, just don't forget about us.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Very nice sleeve job, also for sure keep on modding and updating I have subbed this post. Hopefully you will continue and the Paint job looks AWESOME +Rep

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Thats a really awesome case mod. I have this case too, and stock it looks amazing, but the case colors on yours look pretty cool. How long did it take you to do this, and are there any specific materials (like paints) I would need to do something similar to this? (I have a cosmos s too)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dude120 View Post
Thats a really awesome case mod. I have this case too, and stock it looks amazing, but the case colors on yours look pretty cool. How long did it take you to do this, and are there any specific materials (like paints) I would need to do something similar to this? (I have a cosmos s too)
A lot of the other stuff I did on the case was just walmart Krylon (I'm cheap). The case its self was painted by my local body shop, he was kind enough to do it for me and it came out epic. Pictures don't do it any justice.

·
Registered
625 Posts
The white paint job looks damn nice on the cosmos, if it wouldn't get instantly covered in fingerprints and dog slobber I'd be tempted to do mine like that.

What did you do your renders in?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by merple View Post
What did you do your renders in?
Photoshop. Just took the side image of the cosmos and threw white and another clip out of the classy.

Quick win.

I suck at stuff like Sketch-Up, been using Photoshop so long that I'm stuck in 2D mode.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nascasho View Post
Photoshop. Just took the side image of the cosmos and threw white and another clip out of the classy.

Quick win.

I suck at stuff like Sketch-Up, been using Photoshop so long that I'm stuck in 2D mode.
The reflections and stuff make them look pretty good.
The quick mock-ups I threw together may as well have been made in Paint

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I was just wondering if you could tell me what it is you have modded to cover the 5.25 inch bay screwless devices? and maby how you did it? Thanks

1 - 20 of 46 Posts