Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Just started purchasing small things for a new build i was originally going to improve upon my old wcpc but, said I rather build a fully modded pc this time take my time do things slow and right.

The case that i will be working with is Lian-Li PC-343B. Gloss black with ruby tone. So far im thinking 3 loop 4/5 pump system. One loop being cpu only, loop 2 gpu only and loop 3 mofets, sb, nb, and memory. reason for extra pumps would be either a setup pump for one and a drain pump to make things a little faster and easier to do.

Kind of in a loop right now awaiting on the case to get here so i can really see what size radiators and fan setups i can play with. plus im going to be using a dual psu setup so i can in theroy get a 1200 for gpu/mother and a decent priced 850w for pump, drives, hard drivers. so when overclocking hardcore sucks mainly from one and doesnt kill the juice to pumps.

Coolings blocks for now im going to get AF mobo combo and cpu so far i do like the koolance memory cooler and for gpu is the a through up either going to be ek or koolance idk yet still looking out there.

General Setup im looking at right now is:
MOBO: DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RSH
CPU: AMD Phenom 9950BE
RAM: mushkin XP 996619 (5-5-5-15/2.0 - 2.1V)
HD: System (WD VelociRaptor 300GB x2)
Storage (WD Caviar Black 1TB x2)
GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB x2

I'm free and open for suggestions, guidance, and overclocking insight. Please do no criticize me on the products that i have purchased unless you know a place where i can get it dirt cheap.

Thank You,
Please monitor this thread from time to time.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Was bored/pissed last night my case didnt come in. Did a little brain storming for the extreme cooling im thinking about doing. so far heres what i got

MagiCool XTREME Nova 1080 Radiator --> Swiftech MCP355 --> Splitter 3way --> 3 240 or 360 Radiator --> 3 Swiftech MCP355 --> 1 to CPU loop, 1 GPU loop, 1 Mobo/HDD --> 3 XSPC Passive 250mm Reservoir --> 3 Way to 1 --> Swiftech MCP355 --> Swiftech MCP355 --> MagiCool XTREME Nova 1080 Radiator

fan setup and controller setup still up in the air.

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
No offense but that setup is EXTREMELY wasteful...

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
Pump splitting is always a dumb idea because water flows the pass of least resistance when offered more than one route. If you have space for all those pumps and radiators, make multiple loops.

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
thats not going to work too well as it is in parallel... you're better off having separate loops. you have the hardware for it your temps will just mix together.. not worth it, imo.

edit: i say scrap the 1080 rad and go for 3x 480 rads or.... even 3x 520 rads.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Just drop it into a tub of Mineral Oil when it comes to this.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so do a setup to this as i have edited and yes there is plety of room for all the hoses its a huge ass case

3 loop setup

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
looks much better but if you want to use multiple pumps, it is better if you run them one after the other instead of with a component in between.

·
Just living in a van...
1,439 Posts
I wouldn't think you'd need two pumps for each loop.

Sure you need to cool the hard drives? Might be easier to just run two loops and put the mobo cooler on the same loop as the cpu or gpu.

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by technodanvan
View Post

I wouldn't think you'd need two pumps for each loop.

Sure you need to cool the hard drives? Might be easier to just run two loops and put the mobo cooler on the same loop as the cpu or gpu.

depends on the pump

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im thinking about just staying with a single pump system until i start to see a flow decrease until then its only 3 pumps

·
Registered
816 Posts
i dunno...can't u stick a fan on ur hard drives (or 2) and a fan on ur memory? koolance stuff are usually aluminum and won't do well with some copper components. my suggestion: watercool the cpu, gpu and the mobo, and stick a couple of fans on the ram and the HD. it IS a big case like u said.
but w/e it's ur project and money.

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
Umm... IF I remember correctly, that passive reservoir is made out of ALUMINUM. IF it is, putting that in your loop WILL cause corrosion.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by nafljhy View Post
for your pump top, i'd rather get the xspc ddc3.2 best perrformance so far.
thanks looks like imma upgrade the pumps then

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
make sure that reservoir is not aluminum as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts