• Benchmarking/competitions

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Basic how-to page

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • HDD's (what is OC'ing?) *facepalm*

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please post below)

• Hackintoshes are a more interesting topic...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hardware Aficionado
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all, what are everyone's opinions on the "most important/interesting aspects of overclocking" - I need to get a concensus before going further with my layout for a basic informational website on overclocking. I'm aiming for a streamlined site with 5-6 pages/sections.

I'm still planning this project so its not too late to switch to something else as well - I had also considered hackintoshes as a subject for my site, so its an option on the poll. Haven't OK'd it with the prof. though - he may not be into it, and I won't discuss it further here on account of OCN's rules regarding EULA's.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think one interesting part is that no two pieces of hardware are the same, and each needs its own tweaking and experimenting to get it to run at the optimal performance.

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
The most important & interesting aspects of OC-ing to me is the fact that you get to tinker with your hardware. You are able to take some control over what is turned from the factory. Another thing is the performance of it, instead of buying a high-end chip, you could essentially OC a mid-range chip and achieve similar performance. Another thing is being able to see how high you can go and always wanting to achieve higher. Push the limits of your hardware.

I could go on, but there is a little bit of it.

·
Village Idiot
2,396 Posts
Extreme cooling FTW! I'd write about the history of competitive 3dmark.

·
Hardware Aficionado
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the feedback so far guys - appreciate the input. More poll responses = better idea of what direction to take.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts