Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just joined these forums a few days ago but have thought about modding my case for a long time. It isn't the most spectacular thing due to monetary restrictions but hopefully I can upgrade some parts this summer. Anyways onto this current build.

Plans

Paint interior flat black
paint front bezel metallic red
paint top metallic red
swap led fans to red led fans
add red cathode

I know a lot of people do this case and unfortunately I don't have the money to do some sick water cooling project right now but I just can't stand the stock look anymore.

So the first day I disassembled the case and got all of my supplies and everything ready to go. Next I sanded and primed the drive bays as well as sanded the rest of the interior panels. Tomorrows goal is to prime the rest of the interior and apply the flat black. Here are some pictures I've taken so far. Any tips or ideas are more than welcome and I hope you enjoy following this project.

Hopefully I will be able to post more pictures tomorrow

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, and yes, I did mean to add cable management, hehe, sorry, its late. There is just no where to hide all those wires
but I did have them tied off a little better than that before I started taking everything out. Thanks for the tip Noah, I'll get on that in the morning. Time for bed so I can get up early and get some more things done.

Quick question. where is the best place to get the u-tubbing to go around any holes I cut for cable management? I can't seem to find any at Home Depot or Lowes and don't really know where else to look.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by naron View Post
Quick question. where is the best place to get the u-tubbing to go around any holes I cut for cable management? I can't seem to find any at Home Depot or Lowes and don't really know where else to look.
From Petras

You might want to combo another purchase for shipping $$ reasons.

Which paint are you using on the exterior?

·
Player of Videogames
165 Posts
Looks great! Fits in with your desk... but that gigabyte logo seems in the way.
May I ask what type of black paint you used for the interior?

EDIT: +rep for the nice case mod

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha, the card is only a week or so old but I absolutely love it. Upgrading from an 8600 to that is a big deal
. Placing the order on the cathodes and fan controller tomorrow. I'll post pics when it all gets here

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It actually has held up against scratching much better than I expected. I definitely like it over the stock silver. It gives it more of a finish in my opinion and I am hoping it will add to the cathodes when I get them installed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.