Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Throne for my Armor

Hey all I've decided to build a base (a.k.a. Throne) for my case. The main reason for this is to gain more open space in the case itself. At the moment the case is rather full. The plan is to move the radiators, pump and drain spout in the base. At the same time I will be adding 2 more 120mm radiators and moving to ultra silent fans.

Here is what the system looks like now:

Here is the design for the parts:

The material I am using is ½ inch MDF. It seems to be strong enough, although I will be adding a lot of interior support as my case is very heavy.

Here is what it looks like so far, I still have a few holes to cut and some sanding to do:

There is still a lot of work to do here and I'll keep you all posted.

Edit: BTW the fans on the rads will pull through them.

Edit 2: Changed thread name as this is a project worklog

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Looks good and sweet lay out. I hope i can try watercooling. Still need understand the whole >waterblock>cpu or something like that

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure diamond plate is my thing, but it might look alright.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I'm done with the paint you'll never know it was wood.

Edit: I was thinking of using some aluminum that I have but found a different way. BTW MDF doesn't really have any grain to it, it's very smooth

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjlietz

When I'm done with the paint you'll never know it was wood.

Exactly, and that looks like that composite type wood, not grained wood, so the grain shoulden't show through.

·
Premium Member
20,575 Posts
and a painted armor on air thanks to pjlietz

·
Registered
324 Posts
I love the idea pjlietz, and the painted interior is something that me and my friend are going to do. I posted a topic about wc setup's and after looking at your case it's similiarto what I want to do. Building a tray for the bottom is something that just rules. I hope everything goes like you want it to, Im excited to see the final project all completed. Best of luck and wishes with it too. Your giving me ideas

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I shoud have some new pics in the next day or to, just haven't had any time to work on it.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are a few new pic's, hopefuly it will be done this weekend as my mobo came back from RMA today and I will be picking it up at work on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry for the double post, but here are more pic's. Man this will be sweet when it's done.

Still lot's left to do but it should be good.

Edit: That's not the right top for it.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got some more done today, although i don't think it will be ready tomorrow like I hoped. It may not look like much has changed but almost all of the filling and sanding is done to get that perfect paint job. I should be able to start the paint after I get home from work tomorrow night. I didn't think this was going to look as big as it is, this thing is huge. The 2nd rig there is a normal size one thats on a desk about 1 inch higher and looks tiny in comparison. I think I will be changing the tube routing to make it easier to take apart. I will be using 4 valves on the back of the system to enable separation of the tower and box with very little water loss. It will be a bit more complicated but should make things easier to work on.

Here's some new pic's

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Naw, I don't do the lan thing so it's all good. Plus the two parts will come apart easy if I get the bug.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Very nice...

What did you use to paint the inside of your Armor? It looks great.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.