Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
subbed... waiting to see how that black tubing looks w/ uv light, if it looks pretty good i'll be picking some up... also that case is the titties

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerBeaz View Post
subbed... waiting to see how that black tubing looks w/ uv light, if it looks pretty good i'll be picking some up... also that case is the titties
I have actually decided against the black tubing since the closest I could find to pure UV tubing looked very blue. As a result, I am changing my theme to UV green + UV blue to have some contrast between the standard colors.

·
Registered
795 Posts
i see... either way i'm sure this will look awesome... i love the look of dual loops w/ contrasting tubing colors

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Quote:

i see... either way i'm sure this will look awesome... i love the look of dual loops w/ contrasting tubing colors
Here's my inspiration.

Source

·
Registered
476 Posts
this sounds really cool i'm subbed!

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0
View Post

So I have a little surprise for you guys. A few days earlier

A epic deal for $260 - $20 Rebate + Free Shipping = $240 (Thank You Tigerdirect+Corsair)

Now can you just send that my way when you get it? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Quote:

that's a pretty nice deal, although someone is selling one on the forums for $175 i think

edit: here it is http://www.overclock.net/cases/79544...-cm-storm.html

doesn't matter know tho... can't wait to see the results
Didn't see this one but he's in the UK anyways so shipping would probably be a lot and the condition is quite vague. Thanks for the notice though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8ight View Post
Now can you just send that my way when you get it? Thanks!

Of course I will, you know the only reason I bought this case was to send it to you right after.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Requesting Input: I have some more funds leftover so I'm trying to decide what's the next thing to buy. Out of parts I still need the sound card, optical drive, and fan controller, but I also have nothing for watercooling as of yet. What do you guys think I should get first?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I would say save up till you have enough cash to buy the watercooling in one big bunch. That way it saves you money on shipping and you dont tease yourself constantly by having a half build water cooling loop sitting in a cupboard collecting dust.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpetrolhead View Post
I would say save up till you have enough cash to buy the watercooling in one big bunch. That way it saves you money on shipping and you dont tease yourself constantly by having a half build water cooling loop sitting in a cupboard collecting dust.
Hmm, I guess you're right about that. I guess can run the CPU on the Intel cooler @ stock for now (I know, eww...
)

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpetrolhead View Post
Oh right, sorry. I am subscribed to so many build logs i forget which one im currently looking at.

But for a dual loop system then $1000 sounds about right.
Yeah, my bank account is not looking forward to that too much.

I'm probably going to buy the entire CPU/Mobo loop first then wait a while and buy the GPU loop.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
So here's something interesting. I actually just found a Dual Bay Dual Loop MCP355 Pump Mountable Reservoir from XSPC. This would make setup really easy but I really like the look of two single bay reservoirs instead (if you see the OP).

Take a look at this and tell me what you guys would rather go with (include aesthetics, ease of use, and performance):

XSPC 5.25" Dual Bay Reservoir - For Dual MCP355 Loops

Here's an example I found:

Quote:

Source

Or should I stick with:

21 - 40 of 162 Posts