Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
that actually seems fairly reasonable for a dual loop... the single loop i made was $800

and i would stick w/ the res in the bottom picture, i think they look better, but i can't comment on the performance

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jclark
View Post

Don't compromise, you wanted clearly a two color theme so go for it. I'm getting the feeling you might regret loosing the look you wanted.

Well keep in mind that dual res is actually split apart into two separate loops (although that guy is using the same color), I can easily use two different color sets as well (for example left side would be blue and right side would be green). I'll just mod one of the LEDs to a green one (whichever side I choose), just like I was planning to do with one of the single res's as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerBeaz
View Post

that actually seems fairly reasonable for a dual loop... the single loop i made was $800

and i would stick w/ the res in the bottom picture, i think they look better, but i can't comment on the performance

Personally I agree but the single res's are just regular reservoirs basically, the dual res is actually a double pump top as well so it made contribute to an increase in performance or pump reliability. I'm hoping to get feedback on those who might know about it.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Tonight I will be biding a final farewell to "Into The Void". A long and interesting road it has taken since first POSTing on March 3rd, 2008. And now it is finally time to part ways. Goodbye dear friend, you have served me well through many upgrades, reviews, and experiments. You will be greatly missed, and definitely not forgotten.

All set for "Project Nightfury" to launch and stretch it's legs tomorrow, August 17th, 2010.

·
Registered
795 Posts
why not 3x 480's?
but seriously, that is some sick equipment

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
can't wait to see how you're going to throw it all together.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KillerBeaz View Post
why not 3x 480's?
but seriously, that is some sick equipment
Funding is #1 reason why not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpetrolhead View Post
Brilliant. I am looking forward to seeing this get going.

Will you be sleeving your power supply?

Also those two graphics card sized plates on the floor, are they backplates?
I hope to sleeve it sometime in the near future. I am really not fond of the sleeving color scheme on it. It might be in a little while though because I won't the time/patience to do it really soon.

The plates are indeed backplates.

·
Registered
795 Posts
everything looks so tiny in the 800, wire management already is pretty good

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Day 2: Backup, Hard Drive Installation and Restore

Status: Currently in process of backing up RAID array to single drive from "Into The Void" build.

Following this I expect to have the RAID drives moved to "Project Nightfury" sometime this evening and will begin cloning the backup back to the RAID array (since they have to be recreated in the new build).

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
So after further inspection on this case I discovered that apparently I can mount 140mm rad in the back and on the bottom (for the CPU/Mobo loop).

As a result, I am officially upgrading the two Black Ice GTX120's to two Black Ice GTX140's. Along with that I am purchasing two Bitspower 120mm to 140mm Fan Adapters for the two 120mm Scythe fans I will use.

Changes have been applied to the OP.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
So after further research I have found fans that actually perform better and with a quieter Noise to CFM ratio than the Scythe Ultra Kaze 3000RPM 120mm Fans. As a result, I have decided to change all the radiator fans to: Delta AFB1212SHE 120mm Fans.

OP has been updated to reflect this change.

FYI, "Project Nightfury" has officially been launched (as you can see by my sig rig) and I am currently typing this straight from it.

Please see Day 2's progress (2nd post under OP) for details on what happened today. Unfortunately, no pics today as there were only minor changes.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Day 3: Phase 1 Complete, Phase 2 Begins

Status: Phase 1 of this build has been complete. It is up and running on all it's basic parts. Phase 2 will begin with purchase of the watercooling parts for the CPU/Motherboard loop.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Update: Tonight I will be purchasing the entire Loop 1 (Blue) along with similar Loop 2 (Green) parts, as well as the sound card, optical drive, and fan controller. Just give a few minutes for you guys to look it over one last time for suggestions before I purchase it.

41 - 60 of 162 Posts