Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this case about 4 years ago with my very first gaming computer. I didn't want to throw it out because it began my fun legacy as a gamer! So, I've decided to bring back this semi-retro case and give it a new face!

A pic of my neighbourhood, man we got a lot of snow!

This'll be my very first case mod, and I plan on going with a limegreen/black look to it. Something with flames on it! Not sure, I'll figure something out!

I plan to change the "Cicero" on the front and side panel to either "Overclock.net" with the fire symbol, or something else to my design. Maybe I'll put Essy on the front, and Overclock on the side.

Note: Silly cat got in the way, sorry!

Gonna get some designs from some friends, then I'll begin painting.

Once the painting is done, I'm more or less going to get rid of the whole front piece. It's ugly. I'll find something to fill it with, some art work or something! Maybe a giant fan!

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: 12/09/06

Not so much on the physical part, but I threw together my design!

I like it!

One of the side panels, other one will most likely just be pretty bland.
Attachment 36834

Front panel. The button is just to show you where my button is going to be!
Attachment 36835

Going to start paint soon hopefully, maybe! Waiting for my order to clear on my paypal, should have about 50 bucks left of my paycheck to go grab some primer and my first couple layers!

Glossy ftw!

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Hi...!

Perhaps multiple shades of the color/colour for the green flames. It would give "movement" to the flames, rather then have then being "static" Take a look at the OCN flame. That design is basic, but the layering of the blues gives the flame some life, and has a very nice effect.

The front panel border seems too rigid and squared off. The front of your case has nice rounded, soft edges, perhaps if you rounded the borders to match there would be more of a consistency to the lines as a whole.

Just MHO...

Looks like your in for some fun!

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Understood. How about modding an intake fan on the frontside? The power switch could be relocated and the floppy bay opening removed as it looks like you don't use it anyway. Then you could place a 120mm fan for intake there.

...or sumthin' like that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Different case design instead maybe, I'm thinking about it.

They have this cool stereo at my work for like 200 bucks, little expensive but whatevs. I could take out all the parts and put a few intakes in the back/bottom.

The top lifts up like an old record player, so that would be my 'sliding door'

Any comments?

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Essy
View Post

Different case design instead maybe, I'm thinking about it.

They have this cool stereo at my work for like 200 bucks, little expensive but whatevs. I could take out all the parts and put a few intakes in the back/bottom.

The top lifts up like an old record player, so that would be my 'sliding door'

Any comments?

Can you take some pics of the stereo and post them? It sounds like it would be a unique mod. I like your idea of the "sliding door".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts