Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After building full atx mods, im going the entire other direction.

Pint Size will only leave a footprint of 7.75"x7.75"x3" or right above pints or 3 liters.

The case i will be using is a Wesena ITX2. I will be pairing this with:

AMD 3870K APU
Asrock A75M-ITX
Corsair 2x4gb DDR3
OCZ Vertex 2 64 gb
Wesena 150watt pico psu
Sony slot load dvd

This will be used as a travel pc, htpc, and light gamer.

I start getting parts tomorrow,and i will post pics then.

Sleeving will be MDPC-X and that should be pretty fun to sleeve that lol

The case has small holes on the bottom used for custom mounting, but i have some led stripping that im going to use for some suttle under lighting if it looks good.

Well thats all for now, more to come tomorrow.

Ikem

Final Pics:

DSC03003.JPG

DSC03004.JPG

DSC03005.JPG

DSC03007.JPG

DSC03008.JPG

DSC03009.JPG

DSC03011.JPG

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Subbed. Sounds awesome!

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i got the case and psu today.
biggrin.gif
I have a video of a little overlook of the case uploading to youtube atm, ill post it when its done.

DSC02967.JPG

a little size comparison.

DSC02968.JPG

Serene has the most room inside it of all the cases I have modded, so i had to
biggrin.gif

DSC02969.JPG

I know you dont see much inside the case when it is all together, but im a sleeving addict... but seriously... what is with this?

DSC02970.JPG

All done and sleeved, MDPCx btw. Should look nice with the Asrock mobo. (which comes tomorrow.)

DSC02971.JPG

with the weird wiring... i had to sacrifice a little peeking wires... but im not going to use the molex so it really doesnt matter.

DSC02972.JPG

CPU and mobo come tomorrow, so it will be alive tomorrow. I'm searching for a slot load dvd drive that has the eject button on the left.... wesenas website has the hole ( in the pics) to the right, but this model is older i guess.

More to come!

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikem View Post

...Serene has the most room inside it of all the cases I have modded, so i had to
biggrin.gif

DSC02969.JPG
Yo dog, we heard you like computers, so we put a computer inside you computer!

sorry

As for that wiring, why would they attach them together like that???
Sleeving looks good though.

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the mobo and cpu, have everything installed and mocked up, waiting on the scythe kozuti which will help on temps and let me put a dvd drive in it.

also here is the video i took

It is like a puzzle...

DSC02976.JPG

Pretty good i/o for a non high end board. Fits my needs.

DSC02977.JPG

A total of 42mm between dvd drive plate and cpu.

DSC02978.JPG

Shortened and sleeved power button and led cables. Also you can see the psu, not the the best location.

DSC02979.JPG

all togeather so far, installed win 8 and waiting for the scythe kozuti to get here.

DSC02980.JPG

so cute!

DSC02981.JPG

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
looks good.

What is the total cost if you don't mind.

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3870k + Asrock ITX = $200
OCZ Vertex 2 60gb = $100 (already had)
Kingston Hyperx 4gb = $35 (already had)
Scythe Kozuti = $32
Wesena ITX2 = $64
Pico 150w PSU w/ brick = $68
Sony Slot load DVD = $45 (haven't purchased yet)

Sleeving is extra from other builds.

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
little update, waiting on the wireless adapter, 2 new 50mm intake fans and dvd drive. but i did get the heatsink today and started modding the dvd drive tray to make room for it lol. Im also installing 2 custom 50mm fans to help with the heat, so i had to cut away some more of the dvd tray.

much better than the stock amd heatsink.

DSC02982.JPG

Fitting everything into the puzzle. The molex will be used for the dvd's slim sata power adapter do i moved it to this position.

DSC02983.JPG

Modified dvd tray, it is still very sturdy because it still has 6 screws holding it in place. 2 50mm fans will go on the left, by the intake.

DSC02984.JPG

another shot of where the fans are going to sit.

DSC02985.JPG

The specs say you can hold up to a 40mm cooler, well this one is 40mm and it was the thickness of the dvd tray to big. Removing the dvd tray's metal that is over the heatsink made it flush with the rest. We will see how well this goes when i get the dvd drive.

DSC02986.JPG

More to come this week.

Ikem

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for posting the prices, I'm planning on making one of these soon. Looks great so far, so small and cute.

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
very large update.

I had to mod the front to accomidate a drive with a right eject button. I could not find any drives with left buttons that were not insanely priced.

DSC02987.JPG

Tucking these wires is probably the hardest cable management i have done. and i even modded a A05 lol

DSC02988.JPG

I was still having a few temp issues so the only way I could add another fan is to put some exhaust out the top. I took a template from my other case mod, Serene and modded this cases top.

DSC02989.JPG

The eject button came out well, but now i have a hole....

DSC02990.JPG

DSC02993.JPG

You can see the 60mm fan i added to exhaust out the top, and the new 50mm fan i added as intake on the side. It is really loud at full on, so i wired it to the 5v and it works just fine.

DSC02995.JPG

you can see the modded opt drive carriage, I painted it black and added a few rubber trim pieces.

DSC02996.JPG

every mm counts here. the psu is tucked back there, ssd to the left, all in a few inches of space.

DSC02997.JPG

Finished the main sleeving, and getting everything tucked away for the final assembly.

DSC02999.JPG

All ready for a lan.

DSC03002.JPG

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Love the work you did, I'm planning on getting one of these cases what heatsink did you use?

·
Hardware Gearhead
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Its a scythe kosuni u dint know the exact spelling since im at work

1 - 20 of 40 Posts