Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well firstly i would like to give a big thanks to all the modders out there. if it wasn't for you i would never have got the imagination and determination to do a mod of my own.

As the title says this is Project Titan. This is the first mod that i have attempted and it is coming along rather well. A few hick ups here and there due to my dads mate taking some of the tools that i needed, but i will be getting them back.

Day 1: The Design
So the Design was done over the night. I can say that google do have some good software to design on and it is alot better then CAD and alot easier to use. Ive always wanted a double wide case but could never find one to mod. So i thought... Why not make one?

Day 2: Supply's and Start of Work

I went to my dads and kinda raided his shed. He never used anything and said i could take anything i wanted. I was like YO!!! I found these in my dads shed. I looked, thought and imagined. My light bulb appeared and i took the lot.

Got all the MDF that i needed. i had a circular saw so cuttin it to size was no issue.

Ive had this tray for ages. my brothers computer was basically made and lived on this for a long time.

well Project Titan took off pritty good. i got all the mdf together and made the shell. i done this mainly to see if i needed to make any adjusments. but thanks to the accurate measurements and the tools everything was spot on. here what it looks like assembeled:

the powersupply fitted in perfectly. nice and snug.

took the window panel, cut the design using my trusty Makita jug saw. it needs a few touch ups here and there but otherwise came out really nice.

i had a few issues with the the mobo tray but got them all sorted. its going to revieve some more plastic surgery to help it looks its best but i need to get my hands on the rest of the blades for the jigsaw.

heres a few pics of the assembeled case. i will be making some changes to help it become a bit more stable. i also made some holes for wire management... but it didnt go to plan. as soon as i get my hands on that blade all hell will be breaking loose.

Ill try to keep you guys posted but tomorrow is my birthday. i'll be 22 in about 15 min of this post
:
. lol. but yeh ill try to keep you guys posted!

·
Registered
724 Posts
subbed, I'm intrigued

·
Premium Member
11,201 Posts
Jeffaruni, please check post dates before bumping threads - this is several months old now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts