Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not the best name I know, but I am using a case that I sold back in 2015 and traded back to me last month. I saw it dusty in a garage, I told the person I would swap it out for another case if you let me keep it. He said sure. The case in question is a Antec P380, as soon as I saw it I could see the watercooling possibilities. Don't know all the details yet of what is going all in there, but I have started with the rads.

Parts list so far:

Case: Antec P380
Rads: Dual XSPC 420MM Rads
Fans: Cheap GiM 140mm RGB X6 (going to be set to solid color).

Below is what I have done so far, modded the case and installed both rads and fans.

Computer Gas Technology Machine Electrical wiring

Computer Personal computer Product Computer hardware Electrical wiring

Computer Personal computer Automotive exterior Audio equipment Electronic instrument

This case was never meant for 1 420mm rad let alone 2. Had to cut the top portion of the case to fit the triple 140mm fans. I also had to gut the front panel USB and audio jacks to fit all fans. It is not ideal for airflow but it does have around a quarter inch clearance between the top and the fan for the air to escape.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Electrical wiring

Hood Bumper Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior

• Rep+
Reactions: storm-chaser

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Not the best name I know, but I am using a case that I sold back in 2015 and traded back to me last month. I saw it dusty in a garage, I told the person I would swap it out for another case if you let me keep it. He said sure. The case in question is a Antec P380, as soon as I saw it I could see the watercooling possibilities. Don't know all the details yet of what is going all in there, but I have started with the rads.

Parts list so far:

Case: Antec P380
Rads: Dual XSPC 420MM Rads
Fans: Cheap GiM 140mm RGB X6 (going to be set to solid color).

Below is what I have done so far, modded the case and installed both rads and fans.

View attachment 2525514

View attachment 2525515

This case was never meant for 1 420mm rad let alone 2. Had to cut the top portion of the case to fit the triple 140mm fans. I also had to gut the front panel USB and audio jacks to fit all fans. It is not ideal for airflow but it does have around a quarter inch clearance between the top and the fan for the air to escape.

View attachment 2525518

View attachment 2525520

View attachment 2525521
Subbed.
Edit nvm cant find them anywhere..
Sick work though

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Subbed.
Edit nvm cant find them anywhere..
Sick work though
Thanks

The next hurdle will be the motherboard. If I decide to keep the Giga X299 WU8 I will need to de-solder the top USB inputs in the rear. The damn fitting goes around 1/10 of an inch into the rear IO. I need a motherboard similar to the X299 FTW-K.

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper Toy Font

Nothing on the top. Not really an issue, just need to de-solder whatever is up there.

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,823 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,736 Posts
Subbed.

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Alright a few updates, I ordered the following parts below between yesterday and this morning.

XSPC D5 Pump with the Bitspower D5/MCP655 MOD Kit from ebay.
Phobya Balancer 250 Res from titan rig.
EVGA X299 FTW-K Board, purchased it from member Jedi Mind Trick (thank again).

Now to hunt down a cheap CPU and RAM. I have 2 sticks of 8GB bdie already I bought cheap locally, will try to hunt down another 2 sticks. But I am also down to hunt down some cheap Samsung 4GB E die, since it clocks well and can do do tight timings and high volts.

The hard part will be a damn GPU, does not need to be strong just want it to still have driver updates. So far a GTX970 is looking like the winner at around 150 bucks, there is a 780Ti with a waterblock on ebay but the seller has not replied to any questions.

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just snagged a 7800X from ebay for 107.50, going to push the snot out of that chip. Going to see if it can do 5Ghz+. Just need the PSU and GPU, lets see what PSUs are available tomorrow at 2am at EVGAs Wednesday Madness sale. Last week I snagged a 1300W G2 for 166, maybe I could snag a cheaper less powerful unit for around 50ish.

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Installed the res and pump, I was not expecting the pump to arrive today. I bought it yesterday lol.

Computer Personal computer Electrical wiring Computer hardware Gas

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Alright a few updates, I ordered the following parts below between yesterday and this morning.

XSPC D5 Pump with the Bitspower D5/MCP655 MOD Kit from ebay.
Phobya Balancer 250 Res from titan rig.
EVGA X299 FTW-K Board, purchased it from member Jedi Mind Trick (thank again).

Now to hunt down a cheap CPU and RAM. I have 2 sticks of 8GB bdie already I bought cheap locally, will try to hunt down another 2 sticks. But I am also down to hunt down some cheap Samsung 4GB E die, since it clocks well and can do do tight timings and high volts.

The hard part will be a damn GPU, does not need to be strong just want it to still have driver updates. So far a GTX970 is looking like the winner at around 150 bucks, there is a 780Ti with a waterblock on ebay but the seller has not replied to any questions.
780ti runs the latest drivers and is still a okish card. 1060 3gb performance when overclocked. I can pull the skyn3t bios off of my card and give it to you if you get them. Should boost it from 1ghzish boost to 1300 boost

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
780ti runs the latest drivers and is still a okish card. 1060 3gb performance when overclocked. I can pull the skyn3t bios off of my card and give it to you if you get them. Should boost it from 1ghzish boost to 1300 boost
I bought a 3060Ti yesterday, will install that on my 24/7 Ryzen rig and will move the 6900XT to this build.

This build will be ever evolving, I will also install my EVGA G2 1300W PSU on this system.

·
Twin Turbski
522 Posts
This build will be ever evolving, I will also install my EVGA G2 1300W PSU on this system.
Looking forward to updates. These are definitely my favorite types of builds, the ones that continue to evolve and improve over time. My 9600KF rig is in it's 4th or 5th iteration now. With no end in sight! lol

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking forward to updates. These are definitely my favorite types of builds, the ones that continue to evolve and improve over time. My 9600KF rig is in it's 4th or 5th iteration now. With no end in sight! lol
Thanks

Yeah that is the whole purpose of this build, so I can keep my main rig untouched. The goal is to eventually move to a 3175X system. Hopefully when threadripper 5000 releases it will drop the price further.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just snagged a 7800X from ebay for 107.50, going to push the snot out of that chip. Going to see if it can do 5Ghz+. Just need the PSU and GPU, lets see what PSUs are available tomorrow at 2am at EVGAs Wednesday Madness sale. Last week I snagged a 1300W G2 for 166, maybe I could snag a cheaper less powerful unit for around 50ish.
Where can I get that PSU for that price?

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Small update today, installed the 1300G2 and did most of my tube runs. I have also decided to swap the 7800X when it gets here for the 7920X in my daughter's rig.

Gadget Electronic instrument Computer hardware Gas Audio equipment

Below is the part list so far:

X299 EVGA FTWK
i9 7920X
Sapphire Nitro+ 6900XT
EVGA 1300G2
Antec P380
Dual XSPC 420MM RADs
6 GiM 140MM RGB Fans
XSPC D5 with Bitspower Mod Kit
Phobya 250ML Nickel Plated Res
HP EX920 500GB NVME SSD

Just leaves the RAM left, I'm looking for a cheap b die kit. Hopefully I will find one soon.

Where can I get that PSU for that price?
Every Wednesday EVGA has there Wednesday sales on refurb and featured items. The good stuff sells out fast (for example the 1300G2). I sometimes set my alarm to 2am Central because the sale starts at 12am Pacific when I need a PSU or looking for boards. They mostly feature PSUs and peripheral. But every once in a while they have boards and in extremely rare occasions have graphics cards. They have a pattern too, like every other Wednesday or a Wednesday a month they have the tendency to post better deals. I saw the 1300G2 and jumped on it, also don't forget to use a associates code for an additional 5% off.

Sky Font Circle Darkness Midnight

·
Registered
322 Posts
Small update today, installed the 1300G2 and did most of my tube runs. I have also decided to swap the 7800X when it gets here for the 7920X in my daughter's rig.

View attachment 2526050

Below is the part list so far:

X299 EVGA FTWK
i9 7920X
Sapphire Nitro+ 6900XT
EVGA 1300G2
Antec P380
Dual XSPC 420MM RADs
6 GiM 140MM RGB Fans
XSPC D5 with Bitspower Mod Kit
Phobya 250ML Nickel Plated Res
HP EX920 500GB NVME SSD

Just leaves the RAM left, I'm looking for a cheap b die kit. Hopefully I will find one soon.

Every Wednesday EVGA has there Wednesday sales on refurb and featured items. The good stuff sells out fast (for example the 1300G2). I sometimes set my alarm to 2am Central because the sale starts at 12am Pacific when I need a PSU or looking for boards. They mostly feature PSUs and peripheral. But every once in a while they have boards and in extremely rare occasions have graphics cards. They have a pattern too, like every other Wednesday or a Wednesday a month they have the tendency to post better deals. I saw the 1300G2 and jumped on it, also don't forget to use a associates code for an additional 5% off.

View attachment 2526055
Wow, I will check that out. Was yours refurb? What do you think about the newer g+ and p+ models?
Also how do I get an associates code?

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, I will check that out. Was yours refurb? What do you think about the newer g+ and p+ models?
Also how do I get an associates code?
Yeah mine is a refurb, but I'm not to worried about it.

I have a 850W G+ I bought open box from Amazon a while back, no complaints.

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Updates:

Received the X299 board on Saturday and the 7800X arrives today.

Also locally I purchased a 4X4GB kit, it has timings of 3200 CL 16-16-16. I'm hoping it is 4GB E die, purchased it for 45 bucks.

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Loop is together.

Computer hardware Gas Electrical wiring Machine Electronic device

Edit:

The big case makes even a ext atx motherboard look normal. Both the 4000D and Qube Noe (Lian Li clone) a ext atx board barely fit.

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I freaking flushed everything!!! Have a lot of white crud in the loop.

Purple Light Entertainment Pink Violet

1 - 20 of 41 Posts