Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Bod ***s rock
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's that time again 2 years have passed since my last build and the Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 is looking a bit tatty and I just scored a great deal on a SilverStone TJ-07 (thanks Riskitall84)

The Plan

Inverse ATX
Dual Loops
Dual IandH Stealthres 175s in the 5.25" bays
Custom front panel with windows cut out for the reservoirs and a murdermod inspired pattern
Great cable management (As little cable showing as possible)
Colour scheme is unknown ATM but I am thinking a nice blue exterior with white internals but I don't know

Table of contents
Stock photos and inverse ATX setup
MNPC feet installation
Rad stands and IandH Stealthres 175's fitted
Midpate tubing and cable holes cut and painted
Fillports and midplate fitted
Chassis primed
Chassis painted
Hardware goodies and motherboard tray painting
Case back together with res and rads
EK blocks have arrived
Pumps are in
CPU/motherboard loop done
GPU loop done

·
Bod ***s rock
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Stock Photos

You may have noticed this case has a few modifications already namely a solid backpanel and a new hard drive caddy.

The first thing I'm going to do is flip the motherboard tray

Test fitting with some spare components including the legendary DFI Lanparty NF4

I going to have to get creative to get the 2 pumps in there

A nice shot of the DFI to finish this post

·
Bod ***s rock
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MNPC feet

Case stripped down

Centre lines and feet placement lines drawn

Test placement of the feet

One foot installed, another 3 to go (sorry for the crap photo, the sun was going down)

All 4 feet installed

·
Bod ***s rock
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I had hoped to get the rad stands mounted today but nightshift killed me and I have only just got up and am off to work again. Hopefully I will get up earlier tomorrow and be more awake so I will do it then.

·
Bod ***s rock
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally managed to get some work done on the case today

Rad stands drilled and mounted

IandH Stealthclamps fitted

One res fitted

Both res fitted and the bays bolted to the midplate

The bays fitted to the case for a mock up

I have ordered the metal for the front panel so I can start planning the design for that soon.

A little sneak peak of how the rig looks ATM (I have stripped my other one down to sell the parts so I'm using this one and just stripping it down when I need to work on it.

·
Bod ***s rock
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. I knew this would be a slow build due to work but I never imagined it would be this slow but I do have an update in the next post.
@Shodow_Foxx I love the feet although I can't really see them ATM due to the way the desk is. Also I would have loved to pay $35 for them but being in rip off Britain I had to pay £30 which is $48
sozo.gif

·
Bod ***s rock
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got a blank Pulse Modding midplate sheet to cover up the holes in the stock midplate. I had already drilled the hole for the 8 pin EPS extender and have marked up the rough positions of the tubing holes.

Pilot holes drilled.

Tubing holes drilled out to 20mm.

Plate fitted to the stock mid plate.

I came up with a problem with the res placement which means I can't use the front USB/audio panel so that has been removed and I will try to find a way to get some front USB porsts if not I'm sure a hub will do fine.

Pilot holes drilles for res to pump tubing.

Holes drilled out to 20mm.

Midplate and 5.25" bays screwed together and the first coat of white paint on ( I know it looks grey/off white but I guess either my WB was off or it was because the sun was going down.

·
Bod ***s rock
22,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post

Can't wait to see the finished product, that case is just plain smexy.

This thread makes me miss dfi
frown.gif
Yes it is, I wanted one of these cases 2 years ago when I built 1000 angels but couldn't justify the price.
I actually have 4 DFI boards ATM
UT NF4 SLI-D (Dead but looking good)
DK P35-M2RS (running my file server)
DK 790GX-M2RS (Selling soon)
Jr 790GX-M2RS (Selling soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazloisdavrock View Post

interesting. nice to see a white case with everything being black now days.
Only the interior will be white, I haven't decided on a colour for the exterior yet but I think I'm leaning towards a nice blue.
Black does seem to be common, especially for me most of my builds have been black.
Black with silver interior
All Silver
All black (Blood is pouring)
Black with blue interior (Bruised)
Black with red interior (300 Lost Souls)
Black with red interior (The Blood Of 1000 Angels)

I was going to fit the midplate and bays today and get some photos but the weather/light has been crappy so I'll hold off until the weekend when it is hopefully better, I will also have some more work done
smile.gif

1 - 20 of 120 Posts