Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I've been lurking in the darkness of this site for quite some time now, and as I've begun my case mod I figured now was as good a time as any to sign up and start my work log. I've been building and working on computers for 6-7 years now and I have done some some minor mods windows, and holes for fans and what not but this is my first major mod, so bear with me.

What I'm working with: CoolerMaster HAF 932

Project goals:

*disassemble and paint, black and blue theme hence Sub-Zero, mostly satin black interior, blue 5.25 drive bay HDD cage and all the accent mesh.

*Case window, I am leaning towards a full acrylic side panel at the moment but that may change.

*Custom led lit acrylic case badge

*Single sleeving psu and any other visible wiring

*More that I can't remember at the moment

As of 7/3/10 here is where I am at disassembled sanded and primed

The mesh pieces are drying as I type

My "spray booth"

Don't forget your respirator!!

Hopefully I will have the primer sanded and preped by the end of tonight then start laying some color down on Monday.

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is an awesome idea and looks well executed so far!
I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Good luck, Subbed.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Definitely subbing this.

·
d[ o_0 ]b
7,316 Posts
mortal kombat inspired mod. must sub

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, got most of the sanding done today color will start going on tomorrow. If this one turns out good I just need to find an excuse to build the other original mortal kombat ninjas Scorpion yellow / black, Reptile green / black, Smoke gray / black, Rain purple / black and so on.

I realized that I never posted the hardware that's going into this bad boy so here it is

Mobo: Asus P6X58D premium
PCU: Intel i7 930
Ram: G.Skill pi 6gb 3x2gb
GPU: Sapphire toxic 5850 2gb
SSD: intel x25-m 80gb
HDD: WD caviar black 1tb

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alrighty got most of the sanding done and color is starting to go on so how about a few pics... they look a bit hazy the lighting in the garage is terrible.

my paint warming up

mobo tray and case back drying after the first two light coats let dry about another 25 mins and on to the last and heavy coat

The mesh pieces after their first coat of blue

sanding and painting is hard work don't forget your favorite frosty beverage to cool down with while ya wait for the paint to dry

·
Registered
162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Royce
View Post

Mobo: Asus P6X58D premium
PCU: Intel i7 930
Ram: G.Skill pi 6gb 3x2gb
GPU: Sapphire toxic 5850 2gb
SSD: intel x25-m 80gb
HDD: WD caviar black 1tb

Good to see your hardware is almost as awesome as your inspiration.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by smashblock
View Post

Good to see your hardware is almost as awesome as your inspiration.

Thanks, this build has been in the planning stages for quite some time and a lot of research went into planning this build. Hopefully with my next check I will have the money for all the hardware and I can get to building this bad boy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So the painting is coming along nicely rest of the parts (stuff I'm painting blue) will be done by tonight all the parts will sit all day tomorrow then weds or thurs I am going to break out the rivet gun and start re-assembly. Then the fun stuff starts.

the blue is coming out nicely if I do say so myself

Got my package from Nils at MDPC-X today and this stuff is awesome

My awesome one of a kind work of art

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All right I've been working way to much lately but I finally got the time to finish the paint and I just got the case re-assembled today so here's some pics.

Hopefully Ill have the side panel window done by the end of next week then it is on to the build

1 - 20 of 35 Posts