Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

· Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I haven't been too active on the forums as of late mainly because of my job change.
Anyway I wanted to start a worklog here for anyone to follow I am calling it the T-Virus for now since It's black and green.
I have always done blue builds and decided to do something different this time around, I will be taking my time and doing it right (hopefully by your standards)
I am new to watercooling and this will be my first(and overwhelming) watercooled build by the time I am finished.

An interesting side note, this is my first stab at decent photography of my build, as well as using a new camera and learning as I go.
My house as low lighting due to well It's winter time and i have mainly warm lights so I'm doing the best I can.
Without further adue....
T-Virus

Corsair 650D
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4
Seasonic x750 PSU
Xigmatek 4-in-3 HDD cage
4x Gelid FW12PL-18 (so far)
FTW Neon Green Paracord and Black Paracord and heatshrink
Intel i5 2500k to run the board till IVY Bridge
Ordering Sata sleeve/shrink soon as well.
EKWaterblock Kit H30.
EVGA GTX 570 or GTX 560 Ti
swapping drives over into drive cage when project is ready
swapping GSKILL RIpjaw 2133s over as well, but replacing heatsinks.
plan to thoroughly run cables through case in a smooth look even from the back side.
Ordered an additional Corsair mesh guard to put in top bay area.
*Will order (Lamptron) fan controller when time comes, open to suggestions.
INDEX
You Are HERE
Fan/Front Panel Sleeving
USB 3.0/Sata Sleeve
Sleeving/Modding
First Bootup/More Sleeving
Loop Start

Case

MOBO and plate
Painted Bezel to match case

Fans and PSU
I am already in love with the Gelids!!!

Replaced Xigmatek fan (blacked out wires and removed sticker)

Sleeving Purchased, just waiting on tools

That is all for now, I should have a lot done here over christmas break as far as sleeving goes....
All critique welcome, even if it is on my photography skills.

15,115 Posts
I'll sub to this build, looking forward to seeing more
biggrin.gif
I'm going to paint my I/O panel next time my mobo is out, seeing yours convinved me

· Registered
5,157 Posts
Saw title and thought someone bumped the reservoir thread.

Looks tight! You should definitely get one of these: (I read most of the post, sorry if you said you were)

· Registered
417 Posts
nice bro my colors
thumb.gif
! Anyways ill be watching this til finished ,I love the Black and neon green builds working on same color para sleeving myself got a couple hundred ft in the drawer
biggrin.gif
Grabber green engine enamel paint works wonders by duplicolor if you need to paint any case parts green to match. Anyways +REP to You

· Watercooled Railgun
4,681 Posts
As others have said, you should hone the name and use a T-Virus reservoir.

Nice plans, subbed. Good to see a build that is not blue/red and black.

· Premium Member
12,860 Posts

· Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimersnerd View Post

Looking good. I know it's project T-virus but have you considered these?
http://www.overclock.net/t/1175559/frozenq-liquid-fusion-x4-reservoirs-ftw-pc-exclusive
Yes i have mortimer, I am on your guys' site daily and I saw when these released. I am sticking to my long loved theme of T-Virus since I do like those res' better than the bigger spiral.
If you guys get something in or if we can work out some kinda deal I'd gladly get a FrozenQ Fusion V (green 250ml) if you guys had them in. for the holidays
wink.gif

I just wanted to say you guys do a great job over there at FTWPC, Shipping was lightning fast, and the product looks much better than I had anticipated. I shot a recommendation to Eric over on your FB page to start a fan album of sleeve so everyone could view the colors you guys offer in different PCs or even just outta the package.
thumb.gif

· Premium Member
12,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice06 View Post

Yes i have mortimer, I am on your guys' site daily and I saw when these released. I am sticking to my long loved theme of T-Virus since I do like those res' better than the bigger spiral.
If you guys get something in or if we can work out some kinda deal I'd gladly get a FrozenQ Fusion V (green 250ml) if you guys had them in. for the holidays
wink.gif

I just wanted to say you guys do a great job over there at FTWPC, Shipping was lightning fast, and the product looks much better than I had anticipated. I shot a recommendation to Eric over on your FB page to start a fan album of sleeve so everyone could view the colors you guys offer in different PCs or even just outta the package.
thumb.gif
Send me an email with the color and size and I can get one sent out. I'll confirm the ETA but I don't think it'll be very long.

For the photos, I'm going to be setting up an album on one of our servers as well as hosting it on Facebook. That should be complete by the end of the week.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.