Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, how would this look as a case window design for a computer? I'll be using the side panel of the Antec 300 and using a Dremel I'm buying tomorrow morning to do it. I'm also thinking of putting a 80mm-120mm fan in the middle of the triangle thing as well (the white mini triangle), what do you think?

I also might just do one big triforce with just the triangle and make it big enough to still put a 120mm fan in the middle of it since I'd be cutting out the side panel fan with the window or this design.

EDIT: A dremel should be able to cut out cable routing holes, right?
LL

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
if you want square routing holes, the dremel is perfect. I personally would use a small holesaw and make two holes close together (but not overlapping), then use a dremel to do the straight cuts between them, kina like

O===O

but with the straight lines aligned to the circles. makes nice ergonmic cuts
if you dont have a holesaw, the same effect can be achieved with a drill bit, but instead of 2 holes make 4, one in each corner, then dremel straight cuts between them. Makes rectangular holes with rounded corners.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about that design though? Anyone think that would look good as a case design window? I'm thinking about just doing the triangle part of it for now and making it bigger and then putting a 120mm fan inside the middle of it.

And then the dremel should be fine for cable holes.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bryce View Post
What about that design though? Anyone think that would look good as a case design window? I'm thinking about just doing the triangle part of it for now and making it bigger and then putting a 120mm fan inside the middle of it.

And then the dremel should be fine for cable holes.
That will look pretty cool,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts