Overclock.net banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Some work is done, some remains....

Either way, this worklog has kind of died

I'll do my best to resurrect it. First post has been edited with a video of the cube.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
WOW dude. That looks awesome.

When Ive got some more time up my sleeve i might think about making one of these for myself (old mans used to be a carpenter, so i got access to all the necesary tools
)

I know this is waaaaay to late to mention, but for the door, what you could have done, is made up a sliding inner case, on sliding rails (same as what you did for the mother board, but instead of having to open the door and THEN slide the tray out) so when you pulled on the front of the case, everything is there in easy access, and would also look cool when showing it off
. I know that description doesnt really make that much sense, but it works in my head lol

apart from that, I agree with a previous poster, saying pink cathodes on the outside would have looked awesom
(still a possibility?)

cannot wait to see the overall finished project mate. looks brilliant

rep+

Unl33t

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thats very sweet, very sophistcated gemetry,elegant, the cleanest design of them all IMO. (Form factor a bit indulgent though) very nice. What the f, I'm a designer.

Regards, Croak

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Wow, I haven't worked on this thing in FOREVER!!!!

It' currently in the closet hiding some Christmas presents XD

I had it up for sale for a while, but I decided not to because I got cold feet about it.

I'm thinking about spraying it completely veneer white. Any comments, suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
dude, Im loving it! I did a Valve game based mod too (linked in sig, current project)
awesome job so far
Can't wait to see it finished.

now if we could get someone to do a HL2 case mod of "Dog", we'd be set

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Finish the cube..... Then you must euthanise it! Now we need someone to build GLaDOS! lol, my friend dan is starting work on writing an OS based on GLaDOS..... I think he may be mad. lol

·
HEC Club
13,595 Posts
Great woodwork. Maybe its the lightning, but the paint job seems kind of... meh

61 - 71 of 71 Posts