Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on another forum, so if you belong over there sorry for the repitition, and wanted feed back or input. I put project because this is not a build yet. Once money starts this starts

I have built this via sketch up and I have saved some shots as jpg. I can get better angles if someone would like to see them.

The idea started with talking with propnut and looking at my wifes wine rack I made her. The last 3 pictures I will show will be of where this would seperate and the top and bottom pieces. The first picture will show the original wine rack.

Hmm guess I can only put 5 picture through managing files oh well I will post in new threads the rest

Oh yeah the 120.2 will be a 120.3
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These were sugestions through the other site but might be harder to pull off than I think. It is using two wine bottles as resivoirs. the picks are below and the suction and discharge into the bottles would either have a sheet of plastic in the bottle to keep air bublles down or just plain moved
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
That's a lot of space to cover with not many components. What kind of scale are you working on? It looks like a lot of space to cover with your watercooling setup, too. Are you sure your pumps have enough lift to move from bottom to top of that setup?

Personally, I'm not sold on the idea. But being that you see it in the context of where you want to put it and how you want to use it, the idea probably makes more sense to you. Good luck if you want to go forward with it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dimensions are shown below. It is really not that tall comparison to full towers and see if I can find the original wine rack I said I would put in.

This is also why I put the pumps a little higher than I originally planed , just to get rid of some head pressure
LL
LL

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
that looks different.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was also thinking of adding this to either the side or front to give another part of the illusion

·
Registered
632 Posts
Mike, looks good. Sub'd

NOOB, do you live on Hillside?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully this will start within the month as soon as I can make sure the job is solid

But I have a feeling it will be in april since wife and I have to get our own place.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Its more of a wine cask case...with a wine rack in it...iono how you should label that... especially with the tap.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol yeah true the wine bottle and tap is not 100%. The tap would be easy to install but the bottles would be harder since the drilling could break them. The mounting wouldn't be that hard but the drilling and would be. Green and blue bottles would look sweet.

The only part that would be plywood with a venier would be the back piece if I went with oak.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure on the woods yet.

What do you think:
Red Oak for top piece and Maple for bottom.
Cherry for top and Maple for bottom
Mahogany " " and Maple " "

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have to agree, I would leave out the tap. Make it look like a wine rack as much as possible....a true sleeper

Can't wait until you start on it Mike.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Not anymore, I used to live behind Earo VW off of Hyder.

Your comments earlier sound very much like what one would expect from a Service high school student/grad

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah just realized I might have to send you money so you can cut the wood all my tools are at my last job
Or just go out and buy some. Damn they are expensive 549 for the Rigid compond mitter slide saw and 449 for the table saw. Just put a bid on a biscuit jointer on ebay.

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
you nkow the holographic films with pictures in them? see if there isnt one of a top view of a bottle, and if you find one, put one in each square, that would be awesome

1 - 20 of 24 Posts