Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone here have any good knowledge on a good decent projector & screen?

We want to buy one for our meeting room, even though we can dim the lights we would like one that works decent with a little light aswell.

Budget 1500 - 3000 euro.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I'm guessing you don't need an all dancing all singing 4k one?
Does it need to be portable or will it be in a fixed position?
Permanently connected to a PC or different laptops each time?
does it require a network connection (wired/wireless) for projecting from a networked PC?

Sorry for 20 questions, it just helps to tighten the breadth of my search.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for this fast response, with all these projectors around I have no clue what to go for :)

First of all it will be in a fixed position, it will be connected to a Intel NUC or similar to show architecture plans & renders from the server.

It can be nice to have wired connection.

Our only problem is that I am not quite sure these days if projectors can also be used in a room with a little light even though we can dim it fully but its not that nice to sit in a dark room with clients :)

Oh and no 4K is not really needed.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
ok, well I would suggest:

ViewSonic Pro8520HD a reasonable brightness, with Ethernet port with an option to add a wifi dongle (at extra cost), however can be a little loud in hot rooms. 1920x1080

Sony VPL-FHZ55 very bright and clear image with Ethernet port, pretty heavy but not an issue if it will be a fixed unit. 1920x1200res

Epson BrightLink 685Wi fairly bright with the added bonus of smart features (can act like a smart board) built in WiFi. Quite large with not a very long throw, so not great for larger rooms. However it is only a 1280x800 resolution

hope these help
smile.gif

Edit, or you could go for a smart board/screen and remove the need for a projector entirely. check out the SMART kapp iQ Pro.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yes it will work fine, you will just be using the projector as the main display. You could always have a small monitor and have the projector as a 2nd screen instead, like an extended desktop. That way you can only show on the projector what you want clients to see and keep other sections on your main monitor ready to drag across etc,

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oki thanks will see the 2 options, but than I will need a wifi dongle or something as the projector will get mounted on the ceiling.

For screen decided to go for Elite screen one of 150" with light rejection. ( http://shop.elitescreens.com/aeon.aspx )

Now just seeing what projector will go for that has both option to either connect a NUC and wireless USB kit + one that can have a wireless dongle to stream to a laptop or PC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts