Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
August Projects of the Month

Distributed Hardware Evolution Project
Start: 19 - Goal: 16 - End: 14 | This is a brand new project, that still has a few bugs, but seems to be runnning fairly stable now. Also, badges are coming later this month, so now's the time to rack up some points. :D
[email protected]
Start: 115 - Goal: 114 - End: 114 | The SETI WOW Event will be running during the second half of the month. https://www.overclock.net/forum/365-overclock-net-boinc-team/1702784-seti-home-wow-event-2018-a.html

[email protected]
Start: 20 - Goal: 18 - End: 21 | First time up for Enigma as a GPU project. As long as the work keeps flowing we have a great chance to move up a few spots. Enigma likes AMD GPUs, so if you have an AMD GPU sitting on the sidelines, now is a great time to get it up and crunching. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
It used stop anything else as deadlines were far out into the future and they immediately went into high priority mode. Now it has like a 10-11 day deadline. Any pause of the task will restart it but the BOINC 'tasks' are just dummies and the work is completed and sent back to DHEP servers in the background.

I have only set it to run 1-2 tasks with the rest suspended or currently only DHEP on my 2700x. I haven't allowed it to freely mix with other projects. But I typically don't anyway as it takes too long to get resource shares to settle.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying to add DHEP and keep getting an error. Email address is definitely correct, so it isn't an issue on my side as far as I can tell.

Is anyone else having this issue? I didn't see anything on the DHEP forum. I've tried creating an account and adding the project with BoincTasks, on their website, and from the CLI with boinccmd.

BoincTasks Error:
Code:
AddProject: Error -205
Email address has invalid syntax
Website Error:
Code:
Invalid email address: please enter a valid address of the form [email protected]
boinccmd Error:
Code:
poll status: operation in progress
poll status: operation in progress
poll status: bad email address

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't have issues adding it via BOINCTasks.

Maybe it got on a banned list somehow? Mine did at a project once since they used some outside service.

No idea what the problem was earlier, but I was able to join the project now. I do see some database errors on some of the project pages, so maybe they were having some issues with the site.

·
Waiting for 7nm EUV
11,521 Posts
That Enigma project seems interesting, but what exactly is it doing nowadays? The frontpage says:

[email protected] is a wrapper between BOINC and Stefan Krah's M4 Project. 'The M4 Project is an effort to break 3 original Enigma messages with the help of distributed computing. The signals were intercepted in the North Atlantic in 1942 and are believed to be unbroken.' [read more] You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

The problem is that when you follow the links, starting with the one in the quote above, you realize that the three messages have already been broken, two of them in 2006 and one in 2013. In the news section on the frontpage it seems like they moved on to breaking some other stuff (last news item is from September of last year), but that isn't reflected in the description of the project that I quoted above, so it's all a bit unclear as to what they are doing exactly at the moment as there is no updated project explanation available that I can find, even on their forums.

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Oooh, neat mix of projects to say the least ^_^

·
aka Fury1184
1,342 Posts
I'm late to the party, but I just changed my tasks. I woke up this morning and thought, "It's August, isn't it?", not only that we are already half-way through. geez...

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
POTM Update

Start: 19 - Goal: 16 - Currently: 14 | Looks like I set the bar a little low. :D Goal achieved, and we're currently on pace to grab at least one more spot before the end of the month.
[email protected]
Start: 115 - Goal: 114 - Currently: 115 | Tough to say if we can slide up a spot in the rankings. If anyone is looking to add SETI, be sure and run the optimized apps, since they are much faster than the stock app. :thumb:

[email protected]
Start: 20 - Goal: 18 - Currently: 20 | I've had no luck getting work for Enigma. :mad: @McPaste @Finrond Is there some special sauce that needs to be added to the mix to get work for Enigma?

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
POTM Update

Start: 19 - Goal: 16 - Currently: 14 | Looks like I set the bar a little low. :D Goal achieved, and we're currently on pace to grab at least one more spot before the end of the month.
[email protected]
Start: 115 - Goal: 114 - Currently: 115 | Tough to say if we can slide up a spot in the rankings. If anyone is looking to add SETI, be sure and run the optimized apps, since they are much faster than the stock app. :thumb:

[email protected]
Start: 20 - Goal: 18 - Currently: 20 | I've had no luck getting work for Enigma. :mad: @McPaste @Finrond Is there some special sauce that needs to be added to the mix to get work for Enigma?

Enigma GPU is the only app with work atm and it is Windows only.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
All GPU tasks available are for app "Enigma GPU"
http://www.enigmaathome.net/server_status

Which only has one version:
Microsoft Windows (98 or later) running on an Intel x86-compatible CPU 1.10 (cuda_fermi) (beta test)
http://www.enigmaathome.net/apps.php

Yet that user has this for plan class (opencl_ati_101) which is the test version plan class.
That user's app details show
Enigma GPU 1.11 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (opencl_ati_101)

So I guess the apps page is missing the linux version?

·
BOINC Cruncher
1,861 Posts
All GPU tasks available are for app "Enigma GPU"
http://www.enigmaathome.net/server_status

Which only has one version:
Microsoft Windows (98 or later) running on an Intel x86-compatible CPU 1.10 (cuda_fermi) (beta test)
http://www.enigmaathome.net/apps.php

Yet that user has this for plan class (opencl_ati_101) which is the test version plan class.
That user's app details show
Enigma GPU 1.11 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (opencl_ati_101)

So I guess the apps page is missing the linux version?

There is an Enigma Cuda app for linux. I did 64 hours a couple months ago. But I also have https://github.com/Agbar/enigma-optima/releases/tag/v1.1.0 in my downloads folder. I don't know if I used it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts