Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
January Projects of the Month

[email protected]

Start: 46 - Goal: 43 - End: 41 | It has been a while since we had Einstein up in the POTM.

[email protected]

Start: 25 - Goal: 25 - End: 23 | We dropped a few spots last month, and we are in danger of dropping out of the top 25.
eek.gif
Time to give that RAM a work out.

[email protected]

Start: 59 - Goal: 56 - End: 56 | After picking up a few spots last month, let's see what we can do with a full month of crunching.
:D

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,913 Posts
Setting up.
thumb.gif

·
An Internet Lurker
286 Posts
Einstein and Rosetta are in my normal project list!
biggrin.gif

Good thing I only have 8 cores on my machine. NFS and Rosetta are threatening to max out my 8GB!

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSluether View Post

Einstein and Rosetta are in my normal project list!
biggrin.gif

Good thing I only have 8 cores on my machine. NFS and Rosetta are threatening to max out my 8GB!
I looked at my 64-thread 4Ps...they're running 550MB per Rosetta WU, so that means that they should max out about 35GB out of my 64GB total.

I can max one out to 128GB but apparently that's not necessary.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Man does [email protected] ever take a long time to download the exe's and stuff locked to 2 downloads and trickling at 10KBps or less at this rate it will be about 5hrs to be done.

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
It would also be nice if Einstein validated tasks a bit more quickly, at the moment I have 758 tasks waiting for validation and queue is just getting bigger

·
An Internet Lurker
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5291Crash View Post

Man does [email protected] ever take a long time to download the exe's and stuff locked to 2 downloads and trickling at 10KBps or less at this rate it will be about 5hrs to be done.
If your connection is fast enough, try changing in cc_config. I have it set to 10 for a 20Mbps download and 2Mbps upload.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
So my first [email protected] task is complete well was an hour and half ago but it just keeps defering to upload
GPU task, BRP4G took 1:31:44 and has itself split into 16 parts awaiting upload.

at least moo! can upload around it lol

The one CPU task its running is predicting 9.5 hrs total, Gravitational Wave Search S6 Bucket Follow-up #1 1.06

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Quote:

If your connection is fast enough, try changing in cc_config. I have it set to 10 for a 20Mbps download and 2Mbps upload.
Do you have a link to that info to set it up in not that familiar with the CC_config and app ones

My net is 6Mbps/0.8Mbps most days

·
An Internet Lurker
286 Posts
Quote:

Do you have a link to that info to set it up in not that familiar with the CC_config and app ones

My net is 6Mbps/0.8Mbps most days
Here's the BOINC wiki page about it: https://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Client_configuration

It's very easy to set up once you know how. Just find your BOINC data directory, open cc_config.xml in notepad, and find max_file_xfers_per_project. This number limits how many uploads or downloads each project can have at a time. max_file_xfers is a global limit, and can probably stay at the default of 50.

Edited to remove brackets so you could see the post.

• Rep+
Reactions: 5291Crash

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Quote:

Here's the BOINC wiki page about it: https://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Client_configuration

It's very easy to set up once you know how. Just find your BOINC data directory, open cc_config.xml in notepad, and find max_file_xfers_per_project. This number limits how many uploads or downloads each project can have at a time. max_file_xfers is a global limit, and can probably stay at the default of 50.

Edited to remove brackets so you could see the post.
Thanks for the link,

Max global transfers is 8 and project is 2 according to the wiki

This is what i have now

Code:

Code:
<cc_config>
<log_flags>
</log_flags>
<options>
<report_results_immediately>1</report_results_immediately>
<max_file_xfers>50</max_file_xfers>
<max_file_xfers_per_project>10</max_file_xfers_per_project>
</options>
</cc_config>

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

So my first [email protected] task is complete well was an hour and half ago but it just keeps defering to upload
GPU task, BRP4G took 1:31:44 and has itself split into 16 parts awaiting upload.

at least moo! can upload around it lol

The one CPU task its running is predicting 9.5 hrs total, Gravitational Wave Search S6 Bucket Follow-up #1 1.06
Einstein is currently having some server issues, but it sounds like they will be ironed out tomorrow. Uploads Disabled

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tictoc View Post

Einstein is currently having some server issues, but it sounds like they will be ironed out tomorrow. Uploads Disabled
Ya i found that when i went looking on their forum.
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
POTM Update

[email protected]

Start: 46 - Goal: 43 - Currently:45 | We are on track to reach our goal.
:thumb:

[email protected]

Start: 25 - Goal: 25 - Currently:24 | The threats list is shrinking, and we are on pace to move up one more spot this month.

[email protected]

Start: 59 - Goal: 56 - Currently: 58 | Moving up in a popular project like Rosetta is tough, but we are off to a great start.
:D

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
They are starting to add up for me too lol

What happens if they don't meet the deadline when we can't upload them?

·
An Internet Lurker
286 Posts
I was hoping I was bypassing the error somehow, but I just got 2 tasks that are stuck uploading. I also don't seem to be downloading any new tasks, but maybe BOINC is just busy with other projects.

·
Premium Member
6,454 Posts
Quote:

I was hoping I was bypassing the error somehow, but I just got 2 tasks that are stuck uploading. I also don't seem to be downloading any new tasks, but maybe BOINC is just busy with other projects.
a lot of times the server has wu limits. they might only allow a certain amount of unit at any given time... and require those to be uploaded before they will send you more.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts