Overclock.net banner

Projects of the Month for June 2019

10939 22
[email protected]
Start: 6 - Goal: 5 - End: | We lost our spot in the top 5, but we should be able to get it back. 4th place is also within reach, but the top three is going to be a long haul. :)
SRBase
Start: 28 - Goal: 26 - End: | In addition to being a good thermal load test, there is also a chance of finding some mega primes on SRBase. :D
[email protected]
Start: 24 - Goal: 20 - End: | We dropped back from the top 20, since the last time we had Enigma as a POTM.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· BOINC Cruncher
1,972 Posts
It's easy to lose spots in Universe if it isn't run constantly with it's point system all whacked out. Last summer when I set up my 8 SBC's (4 Pi's & 4 Le Pototo's) they would do a total of 46K ppd day, now they do triple that...it's insane.

· Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am getting odd results running SRBase on my 2970WX. I didn't catch this, because the tasks keep running??? The long tasks segfault right at the beginning, but then keep running and after a long time they "complete". I am awarded points, but there is no record of any work being done in the stderr.
Here's one of my long2 tasks to compare with another user who also completed the same task. My task is the one that ran for 476k seconds. http://srbase.my-firewall.org/sr5/workunit.php?wuid=360272274

I have done zero debugging on this, and I didn't see anyone else having this problem after a quick look through the SRBase forum. My first guess is that it has something to do with multithreading the task.

· Premium Member
6,192 Posts
I am getting odd results running SRBase on my 2970WX. I didn't catch this, because the tasks keep running??? The long tasks segfault right at the beginning, but then keep running and after a long time they "complete". I am awarded points, but there is no record of any work being done in the stderr.
Here's one of my long2 tasks to compare with another user who also completed the same task. My task is the one that ran for 476k seconds. http://srbase.my-firewall.org/sr5/workunit.php?wuid=360272274

I have done zero debugging on this, and I didn't see anyone else having this problem after a quick look through the SRBase forum. My first guess is that it has something to do with multithreading the task.

http://srbase.my-firewall.org/sr5/forum_thread.php?id=1203

Your PC did take much longer than the 6700HQ. 476k vs 11k seconds.

· Premium Member
6,192 Posts
For me Universe has been up and down since yesterday. I turned on a VPN and boom, access. Off, no access. Anyone else having issues? Multiple PCs, OSs. Via BOINC and browser.

[email protected] 6/19/2019 5:15:05 PM Scheduler request failed: Couldn't resolve host name

· BOINC Cruncher
1,972 Posts
With Universe it's touchy with a VPN. There is particular IP range it won't connect to Universe. Sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect the VPN a couple times till it gives me the IP that Universe likes.

· Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
POTM Final Totals

[email protected]
Start: 6 - Goal: 5 - End: 5 | We were able to slide back in to 5th before Universe went down. :cheers:
SRBase
Start: 28 - Goal: 26 - End: 29 | We dropped back to 30th during the Formula BOINC Sprint, but we were able to claw back up to 29th.
[email protected]

Start: 24 - Goal: 20 - End: 22 | With only half of the month to run Enigma, we got half way to our goal. :thumb:

· aka Fury1184
1,386 Posts
POTM Final Totals

[email protected]
Start: 6 - Goal: 5 - End: 5 | We were able to slide back in to 5th before Universe went down. :cheers:
SRBase
Start: 28 - Goal: 26 - End: 29 | We dropped back to 30th during the Formula BOINC Sprint, but we were able to claw back up to 29th.
[email protected]

Start: 24 - Goal: 20 - End: 22 | With only half of the month to run Enigma, we got half way to our goal. :thumb:

Are there any more POTM or we doing something else now? Sorry I've been away for a long time.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.