Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my problem is about my CPU temp, i have an HP a350n, it's a P4 northwood and right now i have an nVidia GeForce4 MX-440 with AGP8X and in anticipation of getting and ATI X800 XT Platinum Edition for Christmas, I upgraded from an 250w PS to a 400w PS and have been watching my temps, I can play doom 3 with my card now on all the lowest settings and a minute ago i was playing and watching my temps and my CPU temp got to 54c,i have 2 fans on my new PS(1 intake/1 exhaust) and 1 over my CPU and 1 exhaust in the back of my case and this never happened before i switched PS's, is my problem the new PS or do I need better cooling? thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated

P.S. my CPU temp runs about 38c to 40c when idle

·
Registered
698 Posts
It could be possible that your new PSU is dumping more heat into your case so its not removing heat as efficently as before, but I seriously doubt that because I cant see the heat being that significant. You might have shifted your CPU cooler, so make sure its down on your processor well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.