Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my problem is about my CPU temp, i have an HP a350n, it's a P4 northwood and right now i have an nVidia GeForce4 MX-440 with AGP8X and in anticipation of getting and ATI X800 XT Platinum Edition for Christmas, I upgraded from an 250w PS to a 400w PS and have been watching my temps, I can play doom 3 with my card now on all the lowest settings and a minute ago i was playing and watching my temps and my CPU temp got to 54c,i have 2 fans on my new PS(1 intake/1 exhaust) and 1 over my CPU and 1 exhaust in the back of my case and this never happened before i switched PS's, is my problem the new PS or do I need better cooling? thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated

P.S. my CPU temp runs about 38c to 40c when idle

·
Registered
698 Posts
It could be possible that your new PSU is dumping more heat into your case so its not removing heat as efficently as before, but I seriously doubt that because I cant see the heat being that significant. You might have shifted your CPU cooler, so make sure its down on your processor well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking, the intake fan on my PS is right above my CPU heatsink and fan, could it be sucking up all the air from my CPU fan before it gets a chance to cool my CPU?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts