Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I wanted to ask this here, as our OCN members generally have quite the varying, and collective knowledgebase.

This is all for personal use by the way.

Does anyone know how to actually gain access to all the 'hidden' files on a PS2 disc? eg, the meshe's, texture's locations on the disc etc. Basically, in a nutshell what i'm trying to do is swap low poly models for high poly models of the same type.

This means I need to gain access to these files in order to 'swap' them, but everything i've tried so far has been fruitless, I've even tried hex editors.

I dusted off my ps2 collection recently and started playing Final Fantasy X again (on PCSX2, for the resolution enhancements) as i've not played it in about 10 years, and didn't remember the character models looking so gnarly.

So, I stuck my disc on an iso, to try have a root around for the 'high quality' versions of the main characters and managed to get them extracted with a dos tool called ffxdumper, but I have yet to figuire out how to get the edited models back into the game's hidden archives.

Basically What im trying to achieve is below in the images, trying to swap out left(low poly), for right(high poly).

If anyone can figuire this out, they are simply awesome.

[Click Images to enlarge]

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Thing is that By doing so, you would be placing a huge amount of Stress on the PS2's GPU and CPU if you are planning to remount the Files on the Disc for usage on the PS2, generally, Meshes and textures are were the game objects would be found. But I'm not very sure how to access these.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie97 View Post

Thing is that By doing so, you would be placing a huge amount of Stress on the PS2's GPU and CPU if you are planning to remount the Files on the Disc for usage on the PS2, generally, Meshes and textures are were the game objects would be found. But I'm not very sure how to access these.
He's not playing it on a PS2, he's playing it on PCSX2, the PS2 emulator. Most computers can emulate FFX full speed just fine, so I bet they could do higher poly models too.

Subbed because I'm interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts