Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 pretty old ps2 games(GTA vice city-got it second hand,and killzone-play it alot), and they got alot of scratches on the bottum of them but still seem to work. my other games that perform just fine got some scratches, but not as bad as my old ones. Well anyways, the ps2 disc drive makes alot of choppy noises with my 2 old scratched up games and I get some lag, I was thinking if I used some disc solution or something on my discs (like merlin's disc magic) the lag would go away?

·
Banned
4,222 Posts
At the launch screen, press Triangle on the bottom option, explore a bit there. you'll see an option on Disc Speed, select the highest setting.

·

29,532 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Dr.KilledByDeath</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I have 2 pretty old ps2 games(GTA vice city-got it second hand,and killzone-play it alot), and they got alot of scratches on the bottum of them but still seem to work. my other games that perform just fine got some scratches, but not as bad as my old ones. Well anyways, the ps2 disc drive makes alot of choppy noises with my 2 old scratched up games and I get some lag, <span style="text-decoration:underline;"><b>I was thinking if I used some disc solution or something on my discs (like merlin's disc magic) the lag would go away?</b></span></div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
I cannot guarantee it, but 5 out of 7 times it worked for me, so kinda yes.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>pablo420</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">At the launch screen, press Triangle on the bottom option, explore a bit there. you'll see an option on Disc Speed, select the highest setting.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Thanks, that helped it a bit. But it also made the choppy disc sounds louder lol<br><br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>gonX</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">I cannot guarantee it, but 5 out of 7 times it worked for me, so kinda yes.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
I guess I'll go pick some up or something... to test it out I'll make a disc with a file on it, scratch it up somewhat until it doesn't work so great and then put some solution on it to see if it works.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i tried one of those 'disc solutions' before on my dvd rom drive and it sucked, i got scammed off my money.<br>
Not that im saying you should always go with my word and never buy them, there might be some brands out there that do work<br><br>
if it doesnt work as a last effort you might need this site:<br><a href="http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Guides/ps2diy/" target="_blank">http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Ha...Guides/ps2diy/</a><br><br>
..its the do-it-yourself ps2 lens cleaning guide<br><br>
cleaning the lens will improve read performance, if you're new to this, get someone to help you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts