Overclock.net banner

PS2 Hard Disk

998 9
Alright, I've been thinking about a few things with my PS2, and I was wondering if anybody knows if there's a way to install an HDD without having to search for one of sony's kits on ebay. I think I might try to fool around with trying to install some of my games to it so I don't need my disks all of the time. Either that or figure out a way to have more than two GT4 or GT3 saves (I have two mem cards).
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
975 Posts
The hard drive for the PS2 flopped in general, but you can install regular hard drives to a PS2 nonslim with a network adapter just fine. You will, however, need a software disc that allows you to run games off your hard drive, but it is certainly possible.

Unfortunately, you can't use a regular hard drive on most games, which is really like 3 out of 5 that actually has support for a hard drive, so that doesn't even matter. SOCOM II does not detect regular drives.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.