Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
I think I'm just going to buy a 360...I don't know, all these bad reports about PS3 make me wona buy a 360 and ditch the ps3
.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,138 Posts
I'm pretty sure the price will be a tad bit higher than $500 (USD). If Sony had a lower price, they would say so because that would ensure that they don't lose any potential consumers to the 360 boat.

Because Sony has yet to name a price, the only logical conclusion is that the price is going to be an ugly number, and it will quickly ward off those that are sitting on the fense.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,703 Posts
Well, when PS2 came out, the cheapest DVD players were multiple thousands of dollars, infact a large number of the PS2's sales in Japan were to people who used it solely as a DVD player and never once played a game on it! Since it was the cheapest DVD player around by quite a wide margin AND it was progressive scan, so I think Sony could even pull off $399 with Blu Ray but I personally don't care, I AM getting a black PS3 and my parents are buying it so I could care less how much it costs.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
Edited rude post - Vulcan

the playstation 2 was 500$ when it first came out, my parents payed 550$ when it came with a controller and gran turismo 3!

this is not bad AT ALL for the equipment you are getting.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,422 Posts
Trust me, PS3 can't cost more that $100 more than 360, or Sony won't sell any. It doesn't matter if it blows 360 out of the water. It is all about marketing and price... Sony is planning on losing over a billion in the first year on these... My guess is about $450 for the PS3.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:


Originally Posted by Chillaxed

Edited rude post - Vulcan
the playstation 2 was 500$ when it first came out, my parents payed 550$ when it came with a controller and gran turismo 3!

this is not bad AT ALL for the equipment you are getting.

And DVD players were not thousands of dollars with the PS2's release. Blu-Ray isnt even out yet, DVD was and had been.

And Remonster, yeah they could "pull it off" for $399.. But that would make them move even more money.

Quote:


Trust me, PS3 can't cost more that $100 more than 360, or Sony won't sell any. It doesn't matter if it blows 360 out of the water. It is all about marketing and price... Sony is planning on losing over a billion in the first year on these... My guess is about $450 for the PS3.

Why not? Sony isnt even marketing it as a game system. Its being marketed as like a all-in-one home entertainment system or something like that.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,423 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Chillaxed

Edited rude post - Vulcan

the playstation 2 was 500$ when it first came out, my parents payed 550$ when it came with a controller and gran turismo 3!

this is not bad AT ALL for the equipment you are getting.

$500 when it came out? I thought it was $300...crap thats alot of money.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:


Originally Posted by J3r3my

$500 when it came out? I thought it was $300...crap thats alot of money.

He lives in Canada.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by J3r3my

$500 when it came out? I thought it was $300...crap thats alot of money.

He's in Canada
we're talking about USD.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,064 Posts
Sony won't lose their fanbase....they have a bunch of frenzied brainwashed minions to buy their stuff lol. They could make it waaay more expensive than the 360, and their little sony slaves would buy the stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
Yer so about £300 odd im still buyin it, not sure about release because i dont want no ****ty xbox360 **** ups, but GTA on release lol

Might just get one so i can sit at home for a week playin GTA lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,144 Posts
I don't care how much it is. Still buying it. 1080p here I come.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Yeah... For some reason seeing the resolution 1280 X 720 makes me cringe more than playing it on a normal TV... I mean.. if there is one thing I hate its jaggies and I get that everywhere when I played the 360.

At a resolution of 1920 x 1080 you dont get close to the amount of jaggies at all unless your screen is enourmously large beyond all measure. It would be rediculous for Sony to charge the retail price of an estimated bluray drive.. So I highly doubt its going ot be as exaggerated as it seems..

Im pretty sure the DVD player prices where up there when both the xbox and ps2 released so the cost of DVD players really didn't effect the prices in a way that this article suggests about the bluray causing the ps3 to be astronamically high
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeueZiel
At a resolution of 1920 x 1080 you dont get close to the amount of jaggies at all unless your screen is enourmously large beyond all measure.
Mine is. 65 inches, baby!!!


Quote:
It would be rediculous for Sony to charge the retail price of an estimated bluray drive.. So I highly doubt its going ot be as exaggerated as it seems..

Im pretty sure the DVD player prices where up there when both the xbox and ps2 released so the cost of DVD players really didn't effect the prices in a way that this article suggests about the bluray causing the ps3 to be astronamically high
At $400, the PS2 was cheaper than a DVD player at the time. But DVD players were not retailing for $1200, I want to say more around the $500-$600 price range. I'm sure a little Google research would turn up some real numbers, if anyone cares to look (I don't.)

As I have said before, the main question that will drive what the PS3 costs is how much money is Sony willing to lose per unit sold. The manufacturing costs of a PS3 with an internal Blu-Ray will be fixed and unchangeable at launch, and will be more than any sane person would pay for a PS3. (Plenty of insane people out there of course.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alan_14
I think I'm just going to buy a 360...I don't know, all these bad reports about PS3 make me wona buy a 360 and ditch the ps3
.
Or just buy a revolution, like I am =P
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
891 Posts
^amen to that
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top