Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a nice chart I made showing the differences of the PS3 models, I will update as needed.

Please let me know if you would like information added. If you see information that is incorrect please let me know and provide a source with the correct information, thanks.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jjangthekid View Post
The 3rd 80 GB came bundled with MGS4 not Motorstorm if I recall and Pain voucher.
I'd say the 80gb model that came out in August 07 is basically the same as the MGS4 bundle except the bundle might include the 65nm Cell and of course the DS3 controller. But the functionality of it is the same.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
XD I actually just saw this earlier and posted it in the news.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I might have to sell my 60gb PS3 to someone that wants BC, I never use it for that, be nice to have the newer cell.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I think there are 3 80GB models.

The first was backwards compatible and did not come bundled with anything (or maybe motorstorm, not sure) and it came with the sixaxis controller..

The second one came with MGS4 and the dual shock 3 and is backwards compatible.

The third just came out August 08, is not backwards compatible and comes with the DS3.

I think you are missing that first one.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats what I thought too, but I couldn't find any info about it. So I wasn't sure if I was just making it up or not haha.

I'll try and dig up some stuff and get it added, thanks.

EDIT: Hmm, wiki only shows two 80 GB models as well..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stanrc View Post
Thats what I thought too, but I couldn't find any info about it. So I wasn't sure if I was just making it up or not haha.

I'll try and dig up some stuff and get it added, thanks.

EDIT: Hmm, wiki only shows two 80 GB models as well..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3
There are 3. There will be 5 in total soon.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts