Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
10,581 Posts
Just another reason to encourage illegal immigration. Not only can they get free health care, but cheaper PS3s. What a caaarazy world.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
maybe they want to cut down on fixing a PS3 from sand damage, or maybe because only a select few in mexico will have the mulah, need, or wanting to spend 1k on a gaming console.

Edit: ^ yeah, another "reason" for them to strangle our economy even further

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
So now Sony not only artificially inflates demand for an unfinished product. they are also clearly have something against mexicans... or poor people, either or, it doesnt matter. I don't think baby eating is too far off in Sony's future.

·
Registered
975 Posts
lol?
Big surprise, everything in Mexico is overpriced.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike
View Post

Just another reason to encourage illegal immigration. Not only can they get free health care, but cheaper PS3s. What a caaarazy world.

You'd be surprise how rich mexico is, but selfish bastards keep it all ( the government )

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rabidgnome229
View Post

I find this extremely hard to believe. There is no way they would sell the 20 gig version for almost a grand US

it's mexico, anything is possible.

·
Registered
747 Posts
At least it's extremely apparent that sony hate mexico a lot more than europe. There's hope for us all

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HrnyGoat View Post
Sony just needs to stay away from anything having to do with game consoles. And batteries.
lol

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice View Post
You were headed this way anyway my friends from the south, come get your much cheaper PS3's too! America needs immigrants.
No comment, other than I completely disagree.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HrnyGoat View Post
Sony just needs to stay away from anything having to do with game consoles. And batteries.
You forgot hardware, programing, music, movie, thinking and breathing.

Its if sony is be ran by the 3 stooges.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
The Mexicans do have much cheaper drugs though being as all of the them are legal so maybe that was Sony's logic. The drug addicts will have far greater amounts of disposable income and they are already prone to making bad choices about where to spend there money.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by redfroth View Post
So now Sony not only artificially inflates demand for an unfinished product
If sony artificially inflated demant, that means they somehow convinced the public to get a PS3. And it is stupid to say (even jokingly) that mexicans will go through crossing the border so that they can save 50% on a PS3. And IMO the social classes in Mexico mean that if you can afford a $500 PS3, then you can afford a $974 PS3. In mexico the price is set closer to what the supply and demand laws dictate.

·
Premium Member
8,409 Posts
Prices in Mexico, or in any other Latin American country for that matter, are always inflated. I remember when I got my SNES over there (Mexico); it cost me like $1,000 pesos (the exchange rate in those days was $1US = $3MEX); at that time the system was about $150US.
To be honest, I don't think it's Sony itself that's responsible for this. Sales agencies over there are very corrupt and like to make big profits. I wouldn't be surprised if most of that extra cost is due to some BS tax or "handling" fee.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts