Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which will be able to produce better looking games? High end includes 2560x1600 resolution, and DX10 video cards.

·
Premium Member
10,351 Posts
I'm told "PC--ALWAYS"

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
i'd say the same. And you can always upgrade and overclock graphics cards on a pc to speed things up

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
if you're talking a $600 PC vs a PS3 then the PS3 will win. but a "high end" PC will kick the crap out of a PS3 and hit resolutions that a TV can't produce by half - at a few times the cost of course

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was also thinking with 2560x1600 PC will wipe up the PS3. Also a lot of PS3 screenshots look like they could be done with high end DX9 cards on a PC.

·
Banned
606 Posts
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>Frozenshinobi</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">Which will be able to produce better looking games? High end includes 2560x1600 resolution, and DX10 video cards.</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>That is a very nice rig....I wish I was a millionaire *sniff* *wipes tear*

·
Registered
679 Posts
PC always moves faster than any console, you buy a console it stays the same. With PC they are always on the move to new and better things they upgrade none stop. Console cant do this and only come out every couple of years making them low end fast.<br />
<br />
PS2 came out in 2000 it is now 2006 and PS3 is coming out.<br />
<br />
<br />
-Sparda

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
The ps3 has new hardware, hardware that will be able to be bought within the lifespan of the ps3. Sony says the ps3 has a lifespan of 10 years, I think we can beat that. Though....I dont really know what a cell processor is.<br />
<br />
<br />
Edit:Ogawd, this was posted 12 hours ago!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
PC will always be better than consoles. I own an xbox360 but I love my rig much much more there are just so many more things you can do on a PC than a console.<br><br>
The most important reason... Can you go on overclock.net with a ps3 NO! End of discussion.

·
Banned
2,177 Posts
only real advantage for console is a 4 players getting together and playing all together not lan'd. Other than that I would never buy another console after seeing comparisons (played most wanted on my buds 360 on my LCD, then played it on my computer and the pc raped the 360...)

·
Banned
4,244 Posts
If you want LAN without consoles and without hassles, use Hamachi. Ima pc fanboy, but the pc can do everything the ps3 can and more.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
The pc would, BUT it would have to be a good game, the pc can do games at the ps3 quality and better but games have to be MADE to look that good, so lets take crysis for instance well crysis @2560x1600 would kill the ps3.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>RickJS</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">If you want LAN without consoles and without hassles, use Hamachi. Ima pc fanboy, but the pc can do everything the ps3 can and more.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
<br>
Ya, but that either:<br>
a) Ruins the fun of the in-person lan party<br>
or<br>
b) You gotta bring your stuff anyways, and might as well just set up a LAN if you're all together.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yeah pc, but then agin I am gonna get the ps3 as I alwase have at least one current consol and my rig.

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
The RSX is about as powerful as a 7900GT. So my X1900XT already walks all over the PS3. In fact anyone with a X1900/1950 or 7900/7950 series card already has the PS3 beat.<br />
<br />
As for the CELL, it would be somewhat more powerful than our C2Ds, but I think quad core will match the CELL.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well you have to rember that the games will be otimised for that hardware and also as with all consols it is DEDICATED to running the game, now I am not trying to be a fanboy but I am just stating the facts.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah with all the optimization the PS3 will exceed current cards like x1900xtx and such, sometimes it will be even, and sometimes the current high end cards will even beat it. However I don't think it can stand up to DX10 cards. A few games I have maxed out at 2560x1600(or 2048x1536) look better than some PS3 games but worse than most others. The problem is when most PC games are made today, they aren't made for crazy people like us overclockers, they try to get the game running on as many computers as they can. I have no doubt that if a PC game was coded specifically for high end PC hardware ONLY, it would look much better than anything the PS3 can dish out, but that game would not sell well since few people could run it. On the other hand every PS3 IS optimised to use the hardware to it's full potential.

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>Frozenshinobi</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">Yeah with all the optimization the PS3 will exceed current cards like x1900xtx</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>Lets look at the GPUs:<br />
<br />
<u>RSX</u><br />
24 shader units<br />
550MHz core clock<br />
256MB GDDR3<br />
128-bit memory bus @ 1400MHz<br />
<br />
<u>X1900XTX</u><br />
48 shader units<br />
650MHz core clock<br />
512MB GDDR3<br />
256-bit memory bus @ 1550MHz<br />
<br />
<br />
Sorry, but it doesnt look good for the RSX...

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
PC and a good RTS game no console here.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts