Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any worthy mod for PSone? i already had my PSone chiped to play copy cds but that doesnt seem to be enough :/ i want more!!

i dont really think it could be modded anymore but post what u know

tia

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
There's nothing left to do inside the box. Which leaves only case mods, lights, leds, etc. if you're into that sort of thing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Im planning on modding my ps1 onto my computer so that I can play it through the comp. I wanna see if I can get the memory card and the controller ports to extend from the side where I will mount it to the front of the case. I think id be cool * I have to much time on my hands*. The small versino that is. I dont have the money to buy a new slim ps2 and I have a friend who doesnt use his ps1 anymore so I borrowed it and im goin to take it appart and see what I can do with it. Ill let yuo know if I actually do anything.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Why not just download a ps1 emulator and save yourself all that time of trying to get your comp to play ps1 games lol...

btw, if you ever upgrade system, go with a modded xbox..
I have thousands of mp3s on mine, tons of divx movies, over 30 full games ripped to it, over 16,000 roms / emulators.. modded xbox owns

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towlieee

Why not just download a ps1 emulator and save yourself all that time of trying to get your comp to play ps1 games lol...

btw, if you ever upgrade system, go with a modded xbox..
I have thousands of mp3s on mine, tons of divx movies, over 30 full games ripped to it, over 16,000 roms / emulators.. modded xbox owns

Modded X-Box = PC Wannabe + ****ty control pad
Just buy PC

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philwn

Just buy PC

*sigh* I wish people would stop posting this simplistic position. We get it, you like PCs better. Big freaking deal. Consoles do not suck, folks. They are different, that's all. I own all of the consoles and I own multiple PCs. Oh, the horror!

The XBox crowd could just as easily write that you're an idiot for spending $1000+ to play games that aren't much better than those on a $150 XBox. They would be equally as wrong, of course, but their hollow fanboi arguments would make as much sense as this one.

Insert Rodney King quote here.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanDragon

*sigh* I wish people would stop posting this simplistic position. We get it, you like PCs better. Big freaking deal. Consoles do not suck, folks. They are different, that's all. I own all of the consoles and I own multiple PCs. Oh, the horror!

The XBox crowd could just as easily write that you're an idiot for spending $1000+ to play games that aren't much better than those on a $150 XBox. They would be equally as wrong, of course, but their hollow fanboi arguments would make as much sense as this one.

Insert Rodney King quote here.

I didnt say i dont like consoles, I dont like X-Box I have a PS2 I play most days. It just the X-Box and after spending the money on modding it just to turn into a crappy version of a PC whats the point?

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

I didnt say i dont like consoles, I dont like X-Box I have a PS2 I play most days. It just the X-Box and after spending the money on modding it just to turn into a crappy version of a PC whats the point?

Mostly because it's a cheap PC! That makes it extremely moddable, far more than the other consoles. The classic example is XBox Media Center; for the price of an XBox + mod chip (around $200), you can have a full blown media center by installing this free software.

Plus there are plenty of games on the XBox that aren't available on the PC (Halo 2) or that play better on a console than on a PC (any sports game).

I gave up trying to find a "best" gaming platform years ago. No such animal exists; they all have their merits, so I just buy them all. (Well, except maybe the n-Gage. What a piece of crap that thing is.)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Mostly because it's a cheap PC! That makes it extremely moddable, far more than the other consoles. The classic example is XBox Media Center; for the price of an XBox + mod chip (around $200), you can have a full blown media center by installing this free software.

Plus there are plenty of games on the XBox that aren't available on the PC (Halo 2) or that play better on a console than on a PC (any sports game).

I gave up trying to find a "best" gaming platform years ago. No such animal exists; they all have their merits, so I just buy them all. (Well, except maybe the n-Gage. What a piece of crap that thing is.)

glad some of us can afford to buy them all. Although america does tend to be cheaper all around compared to UK prices

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,917 Posts
I say, mod the world into the PC, MWAHAHAHAHA!

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Realm_walker

Im planning on modding my ps1 onto my computer so that I can play it through the comp. I wanna see if I can get the memory card and the controller ports to extend from the side where I will mount it to the front of the case. I think id be cool * I have to much time on my hands*. The small versino that is. I dont have the money to buy a new slim ps2 and I have a friend who doesnt use his ps1 anymore so I borrowed it and im goin to take it appart and see what I can do with it. Ill let yuo know if I actually do anything.

well... there is a this program that u load up to ur PS2 (I'm not sure about 1, but I think it works for it too) and through the hard drive slot, u put ur comp. hard drive in (i think the hard drive needs to be at least 120 GB.. not sure...) and u can just load/save the game to ur comp. and play... I dunno if this helps much, but check it out.

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Quote:

LOLZ... true

N-Gage is gay.... I'm waiting for PSP... Nintendo DS is cool, but kinda gay cuz the screen is too small... PSP already came out in Japan... and i saw it in this magazine... wow... such a cool black beauty!

By the way... ur lucky to have all the consoles, Vulcan! GameCube.. in my opinion is not good... GB SP is cool, though

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Of course it will work.. Just take out the parts and mount them in a case You may be able to fit the controller/memory ports in a CD Drive.. Its really simple actually (taken apart Psones for no good reason)

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Quote:

Just buy PC

puhahahaha!

·
Banned
8,062 Posts
Zip, maybe refrain from posting every other post? You can have multiple quotes in a post.. Anyways though.. Why was this thread brought back up? lol Its so old..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts