Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

New PSP and old PSP thickness compared (Source: Joystiq)

New PSP hardware able to charge via a USB connection

On Wednesday morning’s Sony E3 press conference, a lighter, slimmer and more power efficient PSP was revealed. It was also said that the new version of the PSP would feature quicker loading times, though Sony did not immediately detail the enabling technology behind this improvement.
Rather than an improved UMD drive, the new PSP features a new UMD caching feature that loads game data into on-board memory. The added RAM to aid loading is new to the upcoming hardware and is not found in the current PSP.
Photos captured during Joystiq’s hands-on with the unit reveals the UMD Cache function is a feature of the PSP’s new operating system. The UMD Cache function presumably can enable faster loading on all PSP game titles without any further work by developers. The demo unit at E3 operates using version 3.60 firmware.

http://www.dailytech.com/PSP+Slim+Ha...rticle8034.htm

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
I thought they would do a little more though..However its still looking good.
meh oh well a disturbeing comment about u in 1...2....3...
they dont still look as good as u enterprise

(sry jk ) im bored and bump?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by empty9091 View Post
Ah, don't reckon the slim will sell that much tbh.
It will with the Frickin Sweet bundle.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hmm, I might actually sell my current one (launch model) and pick up the slim version; the extra battery life and and UMD caching are genuinely useful additions and the IR port won't be missed. If it was a purely aesthetic overhaul, I would be far less willing to put down any money for it.

Does anyone actually know where the TV out port is? Or is it just done through USB?

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
looks the same in all the pictures I've seen lol. I'm sure it feels different though...but I didn't mind the old PSP in my hands...*shrugs*
I didn't know they had any good games out...lol. I sold mine a while ago because of lack of games.

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
lawl, more ram for what? You mite get faster loading speeds and can hold more textures in one level than the older PSP but the Graphics are still the same thing.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownm View Post
lawl, more ram for what? You mite get faster loading speeds and can hold more textures in one level than the older PSP but the Graphics are still the same thing.
Actually it was said a few of the Gamspot E3 Stage Demo videos that the extra memory and core speed will be taken advantage of in future PSP releases.
Battlefront Renegade Squadron going to be the first to take actual advantage of it.
But the new firmware update will do it anyways for current games.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts