Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can the PSU's exhaust fans effect temps?
reason Im wondering is I got my temps leveled out to 36-38*c idle w/ dips to 34*c. my load temps leveled out to 46-48*c

this evening I swaped out my Thermaltake psu for an Ultra X-Connect.
my temps went up to 40*c idle and 52*c load.
in wondering why(every thing else is the same) I checked how much air my fans were exhausting/pulling in.
I noticed the X-connect isnt exhausting as much air as the thermaltake did. could this be the reason for the temp increase, and would adding a blow hole help balance things back out?

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
probably, i have a 3 fan PSU, it's an aspire turbo case one, and it moves a TON of air! it lets me control the speed of the fans, i've found a happy medium where i can shift enough air and maintain temps overnight...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*
probably, i have a 3 fan PSU, it's an aspire turbo case one, and it moves a TON of air! it lets me control the speed of the fans, i've found a happy medium where i can shift enough air and maintain temps overnight...
this is the way my tt PSU was. wile it only had 2 fans one was manual control, and I just permanantly set it just at the audable level.

the air diffrence exhausting between these 2 PSU is a very noticable ammount by hand, so Id guess the X-Connect is only exhausting about half the ammount of air.

you all think a blow hole would lower my temps back down abit?

·
Registered
424 Posts
A blow hole would be a good idea, you can have fun modding your case while your at it. It'll be worth the experience, and it will lower you case temps.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well at this point Im convinced its actualy a temp reporting problem.
after some research seems to be a comon prob with the entire K8N line of mobo's.
ran prime95 all day. temp I was getting load was 54, idle 40.
b4 cpu had a chance to cool from load I shut down and checked temps in BIOS. bios reading the usual 42*c
get back in windows from a warm boot and idle temp is back to 36*.

I realy appreciate all the help and input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.