Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Banned
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Wedbush Morgan's Michael Pachter has claimed that Take-Two management let slip to him that development on a fresh installment in the venerable Grand Theft Auto series has been underway for the past twelve months.

According to the analyst, the new game will apparently take advantage of the same ‘engines’ as the most recent entry (presumably referring to Grand Theft Auto IV), and believes it will shift in the region of 15 â€" 18 million copies.

Source.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
They'd better make a good PC port, cause I'm not going through multiple updates just for very little improvement.

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they just skipped the PC this time around.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
lets hope they intend to give us a complete GTA package rather than a game with minimal playing value aside the main storyline and forcing us to buy multiple DLC episodes on only one platform to make up for it.

Lets face it. If they presented us with a next-gen san andreas it would be the game of all next-gen games.

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartmasta
View Post

they better make it multithreaded

lol really ?

it uses 4 cores like crazy

·
Banned
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes
View Post

lets hope they intend to give us a complete GTA package rather than a game with minimal playing value aside the main storyline and forcing us to buy multiple DLC episodes on only one platform to make up for it.

Lets face it. If they presented us with a next-gen san andreas it would be the game of all next-gen games.

San Andreas was one of the best GTA games out of all them.
Much more intense than GTA IV.
California gang wars = action packed fun in a GTA game.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I would like to see a new city added like Chicago or Houston, or maybe even Phoenix. Hong Kong or do the UK again. Just dont do the same 3 cities please.

·
O.C.N'ng since '08
1,634 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by noldevin
View Post

Chicago would be pretty cool. Maybe in an old school mafia setting?

You would be more looking at Mafia 2 which is coming soon

·
QA Engineer
3,016 Posts
Over a year? I hope they use Nikko again. I liked playing as him.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
I got burned so badly by GTA4 that I'll definitely see what reviews and user experience of others say before clicking the "Buy" button.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mad Mule
View Post

I got burned so badly by GTA4 that I'll definitely see what reviews and user experience of others say before clicking the "Buy" button.

I have a feeling it'll get good reviews, not that that means it'll be a good game. GTA IV was so hyped up it was unbelievable, just couldn't stand the game.

I really hope they move away from the U.S. settings though, they've all been way too similar since GTA III, and I haven't liked any of the main characters since Tommy Vercetti.

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChielScape View Post
GTA hasnt been fun since 2... dont see that changing any time soon
so you didnt like 3, Vice City or San Andreas. or 4? whaat?

anyways i love of my GTA games. Vice City was my favourite. i say bring on the new game, more the better.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
if it is released for pc, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add antialiasing...

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.