Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my PSU is now overheatin on long gaming sessions. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I have 2 intake fans both 80mm. one is on the front of the case and one is in the window. Also a 120mm exaust righ below the PSU. The PSU has dual fans. Intake on bottom and exaust on back.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I would also check to make sure the fans are clean. I find this to be a problem with alot of PSU's. They seem to be over lokked when it comes to cleaning them

·
Administrator
64,326 Posts
To be sure i would try cleaning the fans like said above if they are dirty..but as PSU's can be dangerous i urge you not to open it up in anyway or form i would either take it to someone who knows what they are doing or buy a new one..If you have it on warrantee then even better RMA it and get a new one.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may RMA it since it is new and there is no reason for it to overheat. The fans both work good. You can feel hot air coming from the exaust on it though. I am sure it is overheating because it is actually cutting power to the pc and I have to pull the cord or flip the power switch before I can turn it back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts