Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone this is my first post I love this site probobly to much, the girly is already getting pisssed. Regardless as you can see by my machine spec's my PS is NOT that great seem's to run quite fine untill I start overclocking, I'm assuming it's my PS that's slowing me down I can't go over 2500mhz or instant blue screen, with ram down to 333 so it's running normal with the HTT upped to just under 250 tried lowering the HTT multiplier 4x and 3x (I think I'm talking about the right thing) and still won't go over 2450 without error's in Prime95 I'm definatly glad I can adjust my htt with Clockgen from within windows and watch temp's with Speedfan my Vid card doesn't seem to overclock that well either sits at 530/525(1050) nicely but I KNOW it will go higher then that... anything over 540 and HUGE green artifacts start showing up and card hits prolly 80c easy. I use rthdribl (DX9 Real-Time High-Dynamic Range Image-Based Lighting) and up the settings with Rivatuner or Nvidia drivers with Coolbits added. pretty much anything over 530 I'm screwed heats up FAST and show's BIG particles.

My solution and problem I think is going to be with a 400 watt PSU for the MB and the current 300 watter for the HDD's CD's DVD's and Fan's Leaving the 400 for the MB / Vid Card. However this MB has a 24 pin connector my 300 only has 20 pin connector, leaving 4 pin's open (i'm sure for the vid card) Would my vid card get enough juice off the 20 pin 400 watt connector? (can those 4 extra pins be wired in off 12v or 5v?) I guess we'll see I'm going to get it right after I send this post, I think my cooling is way out of wack with the case off, would your pc actually cool better with the case cover on?

Hopefully this also fixes my resolution switchin problem's also, everytime the monitor changes res I have to set EVERYTHING back up again. i'm at 1600x1200 desktop and it suck's when your only using 75% of the screen. anyway's I'm going to stop babbling now and get another PSU, keep up the good work everyone and thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Watts dont matter so much as quality dose.

A generic 600W will be junk compared to my 350W becuse mine is a quality brand.

Stick with brands like Antec, OCZ, PC Power and cooling, Sunbeam(i think) and Enermax

1 - 2 of 2 Posts