Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to think of a way to have my PSU mounted in the front of a case while still maintaining a rear plug location. Are there any case mountable plugs that will allow me to do this?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
You could use an old PSU and make one yourself.

·
Registered
303 Posts
There are extender cables available. I found one at radio shack for like a buck or two. Just plug it into your psu, then make plate to clamp it to and screw that into the back panel. it'll look like a normal psu plug from the outside.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Perhaps I am not understanding what you want, but if you want PSU mounted in front with the sockets facing back, wouldn't that make the PSU exhaust fan blow inside the Case? That isnt good.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by poizone View Post

There are extender cables available. I found one at radio shack for like a buck or two. Just plug it into your psu, then make plate to clamp it to and screw that into the back panel. it'll look like a normal psu plug from the outside.
Thanks, after a little more looking I found what you are talking about I can make a plate to mount it on the back. But It would be so much easier if somebody made what im looking for for retail...

In regards to the case, the psu is in front of the mobo and draws air over the mobo and exhausts out the side of the case (psu is on its side). Its to cut down on the amount of fans in the case.

And yeah its an ITX build.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
303 Posts
Glad I could help. Maybe once you've made the plate and shown it off, you could get some interest going and start selling them. I'd pick one up. Moving my psu has always been an idea in my mind.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Silverstone sells these. 10 plus 6 shipping

it may sound expensive but its you think about it, its not.

I tried to make my own, but the back plate was 3+5 shipping, and sacrificial cable was another 5, soldering, heat shrink etc....

it was easier to buy it premade.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow its been a while since I checked in on this but the whole cable relocation thing has been holding my case design up! Thanks for the info
thumb.gif

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveleaf View Post

Silverstone sells these. 10 plus 6 shipping
it may sound expensive but its you think about it, its not.
I tried to make my own, but the back plate was 3+5 shipping, and sacrificial cable was another 5, soldering, heat shrink etc....
it was easier to buy it premade.
You wouldn't happen to remember where you got it or what the part number was do you?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts