1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,929 Posts
Do you mean that it lacks the connectors?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TwoCables, yes, it lacks 2 connectors. I made a thread about my situation, but i'll sum it up for you. I made some adapters out of those molex to pci-e connectors to have four 12v lines used total, and the pc just shuts off, I would have to unhook all the 12v lines and rewire what goes to what as to not have too much load on each rail to get it to run properly. Instead i'm just going to sell this psu, and use that money to help buy this new one.

Edit: I would go with the Antec, but then I saw the proprietary power connector and frowned. If I ever bring my pc to a LAN party and forgot the power supply specific cable and someone offered me an extra cable, I would be pissed having to go back to get my specific cable it needs. Antec is out of the picture now.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
It's pretty good, a bit better than the Corsair HX1000W.

The Enermax is technically a better unit, but... Oh well, I guess they didn't think the connectors out very well? Or something.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
For around that price I'd get the Enermax 1050W Revolution. Pretty certain it has 6 x 6+2 pci-ex connectors.

Or get the ABS SL 1050W

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817814010

which is a re-badged Enermax 1050W Revolution ... but without the fancy powder-coat, and it only comes with 3x6+2 and 3x6pin. It's also less money ($200, no MIR needed), has better sleeving, and a single 87A +12V rail.

I have the 850W version, and it's the friggin BOMB. The best psu I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. I couldn't be happier with this unit.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Corsair HX 1KW

·
Registered
285 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by reflux View Post
corsair hx 1kw
+1

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Corsair HX-1000w or Enermax 1050w both very good PSU's if they do not have enough connectors just had a couple of molex connectors to them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts