Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Graphics Junkie
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So a friend of mine hhas a PC that has been having this issue on and off again. When he plays PUBG, he gets hard crashes, meaning his screen goes blank and the PC reboots. It only happens in PUBG.

SPECS:

4790K Delidded @4.6ghz
16GB 2133mhz ram
Geforce 1080
Corsair 750w PSU
High end ROG motherboard

We have tried everything. Went back to stock settings, redid the delid, cleaned everything, reformatted. The issue is intermittent, sometimes it wont happen for weeks and sometimes it will happen every time he loads the game. I have personally tested this PC with Intel Burn test, Prime95, and Furmark all running at the same time for over 2 days straight and it had no issues with that.

Pretty much at a loss here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Graphics Junkie
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add that we have literally also replaced every single part, including the CPU and motherboard. Still crashes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I forgot to add that we have literally also replaced every single part, including the CPU and motherboard. Still crashes.
Almost sounds like a graphics driver restart/crash. Do you have the GeForce Experience, if yes, then use optimized settings for the game that they recommend. If it continues to crash do a clean install of the latest graphics driver, remember clean install. Then choose custom install instead of express and just don't check box GeForce Experience option. Then play the game without changing any settings globally or for a any one 'program', so to leave everything just default. Go ahead and start er up, and gl.

Beyond that maybe add a little extra voltage to RAM like 0.025v, and the same to cpu/cache, and CPU input.
I doubt its a Power Supply Unit problem.

GL, and hope you have stability when trying to have some good fun in PUBG!!!

Hope this helps I will reply back, and let me know if it actually worked out well for you, or not!!?

·
Dream Chaser
3,765 Posts
Almost sounds like a graphics driver restart/crash. Do you have the GeForce Experience, if yes, then use optimized settings for the game that they recommend. If it continues to crash do a clean install of the latest graphics driver, remember clean install. Then choose custom install instead of express and just don't check box GeForce Experience option. Then play the game without changing any settings globally or for a any one 'program', so to leave everything just default. Go ahead and start er up, and gl.

Beyond that maybe add a little extra voltage to RAM like 0.025v, and the same to cpu/cache, and CPU input.
I doubt its a Power Supply Unit problem.

GL, and hope you have stability when trying to have some good fun in PUBG!!!

Hope this helps I will reply back, and let me know if it actually worked out well for you, or not!!?

Was having the same issue, PUBG ONLY kept crashing my system. It wasn't until I actually REMOVED GeForce Experience and I haven't crashed since. Did a FULL driver delete, then reinstalled graphics driver without GFE. Also couldn't hurt (but might not help), verify integrity of game files just to make sure its not bugged out from one of the many glitchy updates recently.

All that being said, what a fun game...but man o man...ever so glitchy! I hope they continue to work on the optimization and get rid of the server jumpers!

·
Graphics Junkie
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was having the same issue, PUBG ONLY kept crashing my system. It wasn't until I actually REMOVED GeForce Experience and I haven't crashed since. Did a FULL driver delete, then reinstalled graphics driver without GFE. Also couldn't hurt (but might not help), verify integrity of game files just to make sure its not bugged out from one of the many glitchy updates recently.

All that being said, what a fun game...but man o man...ever so glitchy! I hope they continue to work on the optimization and get rid of the server jumpers!
Hmm that could be it, ill give that a try.

·
Dream Chaser
3,765 Posts
Hmm that could be it, ill give that a try.
I am willing to bet its a driver issue...either having to do with GFE or nvidia drivers. Couldn't hurt doing a fresh wipe with Display Driver uninstaller then reloading. I went from crashing to once every 3-4 games, to no crashes!

·
Graphics Junkie
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So we tried removing GeForce experience and that helped but it eventually crashes again. Bumped up the ram voltage and it's been OK ever since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts