Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says, my pump (swiftech 355) is making a squeaking noise aching to a bunch of crickets! It is very annoying.

It is attached to a xspc dual drive bay reservoir for the 355. It was not making this noise a couple days prior that I noticed. I just noticed it yesterday.

Has anyone had this happen to them? If so, what was the culprit and how did you get it to stop the racket?

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
It could be that the impeller is off kilter or not seating correctly.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had to return this pump because of this. The bearing was loose and it made rattling / grinding sound. Try to disassemble the pump, check if its not dirty inside and also try to remove the rotor and pull the bearing (the white ball) if its loose, its bad.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleTech
View Post

It could be that the impeller is off kilter or not seating correctly.

is this something I can fix, or something I have to rma?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by prase007
View Post

I had to return this pump because of this. The bearing was loose and it made rattling / grinding sound. Try to disassemble the pump, check if its not dirty inside and also try to remove the rotor and pull the bearing (the white ball) if its loose, its bad.

Is there anyway you could post a pic of this?

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by methos123
View Post

is this something I can fix, or something I have to rma?

Just take off the XSPC top and make sure the circular bearing is seated correctly and there isn't any debris around it. Be very gentle because even the slightest mishandling can cause more headache.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by methos123
View Post

Is there anyway you could post a pic of this?

I can just post this now, as I have only photo of backside, which shows the problem, but does not explain anything.

see my scetch on the right side its the bottom of the pump with bearing anti-vibration mechanism - in my case the stopper, which is only pressed there on the wire went off. The spring went off as well and the bearing, which is normaly tightened by being pulled by spring force was loose. It made strange rattling and squeaking noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts