Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a big difference between the two? I know the DD-D4 can be had for cheaper, but does that mean a 5C difference in temps?

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Muftobration</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">Is there a big difference between the two? I know the DD-D4 can be had for cheaper, but does that mean a 5C difference in temps?</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
I would go with the Laing D-5 if your are buying a new one...Dont know if it has that much temp. difference or not...It's the newest incarnation of the D-Series.. And the D-5 is one of the best general purpose pumps you can get...<br><br>
I tried to find links of D-4 vs D-5 and couldn't find any...<br><br>
I like the 18W Laing DDC's with aftermarket tops...They out-flow the D-5 in actual loops, but they cost more to by the time you count the price of a new top....

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
I actually own both the D4 and the D5. They are both very good pumps, first of all. As for the comparisons:<br><br>
DD-D4 has slightly less (but comparable) flow<br>
DD-D4 is noisy, it emits a high pitched whine, which I found annoying enough to replace it. It was loud enough so that I couldn't sleep with it on at night.<br><br>
DD-D5 has a built in potentiometer, which will increase or decrease flow.<br>
DD-D5 costs a bit more than the D4<br><br>
The D5 has a lot of pros, it can speed up or slow down with the potentiometer, has slightly improved flow rate, and is much, much quieter. I can now leave my rig on 24/7 and not want to puncture my eardrums. I highly recommend going with the D5.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, thanks. I'll be getting the D5 then.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
also I think the D5's are pretty quiet. I cant here mine and its at max flow..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts