Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to run 2x gpu waterblocks, a cpu waterblock, and a XSPC RX360 Rad. The one that comes with the Rasa kit won't suffice I hear, so what is a suitable replacement?

Preferably under $100 for both.

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Wow, those are some good sale prices on the 655. I was going to suggest the Jingway 1200 pumps (aka DD CPX-Pro, EK DCP 4.0) and a Swiftech micro res (replace the barbs with metal ones!), but the 655 is only $10 more at the moment.

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,322 Posts
I ran:
EK Supreme HF>EK Asus Rampage III motherboard block> EK FC470 gtx x3 blocks triple sli using the X20-750 (same one in the Rasa Kit). I ran it for a month, flawless, BUT this was way too much for the pump imo and I had plans to add more to the loop. Thus, I upgraded and sold the pump, owner was happy, no concerns with it.

So..., the Rasa pump can handle your loop, not sure where you got it can't do it. If you are planning to add more blocks and/or rads, then go w/ a Laing DDC or D5.

my
2cents.gif

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,322 Posts
I luv my DDC 3.2, its small, its got a bunch of accessories, quiet, and uber beefy head pressure. my vote DDC 3.2 or 3.3

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arksniper
View Post

Your loop can take either pump.

They are clearly two different products... I personally don't care for noise or space consumed, so I would like advice on which one to get.

Both seem pretty popular. Before I made this thread, I considered the 655 tremendously because it was quite loved, and I assumed the bigger, the better it performed

Having done some research; they perform very closely to each other. Which one should I get!

·
RGB Numba Wan!
23,322 Posts
Ddc

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't understand restriction, so another forum simply recommended for me to upload a picture of what my planning WC would be like. I am really interested in the 655 though.. people say it is more reliable, and I love reliability. It's also cheaper than the 355 and does better at stock. Restriction is a problem I hear many talk about... so I'm going to ask you. Note that when I made these, I was originally going with the stock X20 pump that comes with the rasa kit... so be creative and tell me whether it is restrictive or not.

I'm going to run...
1x XSPC Rasa CPU waterblock
2x Heatkiller 6850 waterblocks (DIRT cheap, plus full cover)
1x RX360 Radiator
1x some res and pump

If I am going to buy the 355, I will go with the dual bay XSPC reservoir because I love the idea of a bay reservoir... easy to tell water level and easy to fill.
If I am going to buy the 655 I'm probably going to get this reservoir. Also a 5.25 bay.

Here is the bare bones sketch of my equipment. Feel free to save it, draw the tubes on it on paint, upload it, and show me your recommended loop.

Here is what I was originally planning:

And here is what I may do if I buy/steal a cheap/free 120mm radiator.

EDIT: NOTE, this is not my computer! I just found a random HAF pic on the internet and drew on it!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Buska103
View Post

They are clearly two different products... I personally don't care for noise or space consumed, so I would like advice on which one to get.

Both seem pretty popular. Before I made this thread, I considered the 655 tremendously because it was quite loved, and I assumed the bigger, the better it performed

Having done some research; they perform very closely to each other. Which one should I get!

They are different products but they both work for your loop if you wanna stay as low and you can price wise then grab the cheapest one you can find. Also if you see a res that you like that is only for the DDC or D5 then grab the pump/res combo at the end of the day it won't matter for you.

The only major difference between the 2 is the DDC has a higher head pressure and is good for restrictive loops (chipset block and ram block) the D5 has less head pressure and is quieter. If you plan on adding a chipset block DDC otherwise D5.

Edit: You posted b4 I finished this. With those pics it would NOT be a restrictive set up so the 655 is the way to go. Restriction is caused by water blocks redirecting/limiting the flow of water. For the CPU it is typically forced through a small slot onto the copper heat spreaders so CPU blocks can be restrictive based on the jet plate configuration. Also chipset blocks are notoriously restrictive because of how long the path of water is, how narrow the channels are, and all the curves of the chipset block.

General rule of thumb rads are not restrictive components, cpu/gpu blocks are semi restrictive, chipset/ram blocks are restrictive. You only need the DDC if your rig has either or both of the last 2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts