Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

For many reason I need a camera thats good with capturing video (30fps is fine) and has a good camera quality. At a enter level I was thinking about buying a Nikon D3200 as they do be on sale a lot. I've only checked that certain camera out as it has been recommended a lot from users.

This wont be just for normal use, I will be mainly recording but also be taking up close up shots. To be honest I'm looking for bang for the buck that fits my need. You might ask my budget? My budget is what is needed. If my budget requires me to spend 600 quid then I will.

My question is what camera you recommend and is there any camera better then the d3200 at the same price?

I prefer DSLR, im not that good but I want to learn. I be playing with DSLR camera when I get the chance and its really fun how you can change the image outcome just from the camera. I would love to learn and maybe get good in the future.

·
d[ o_0 ]b
7,316 Posts
do you have other friends with nikon cameras that you can share accessories with? if so then definitely go nikon. the D3200 is a pretty good bang for the buck camera but if you are focusing on using it for video id seriously suggest the D5200 as it has a articulating screen that makes like so much nicer when doing video. swivel screens for video cameras are a gift from above trust me on that one
thumb.gif

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
D5200. As stated above, the swiveling screen is a boon.

I believe it's only $50 more at B&H

·
d[ o_0 ]b
7,316 Posts
saying its flexible and willing to more than double it isnt the same
rolleyes.gif

your suggestion not only probably crushes his initial budget but you crush his future budget for accessories and additional lenses because m4/3 glass is pretty darn expensive. if someone is looking at $500 cameras as a beginner whats the point in suggesting a camera that costs $1,500 with extra lenses that average double the price of what hes initially looking at
doh.gif

·
Registered
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post

saying its flexible and willing to more than double it isnt the same
rolleyes.gif

your suggestion not only probably crushes his initial budget but you crush his future budget for accessories and additional lenses because m4/3 glass is pretty darn expensive. if someone is looking at $500 cameras as a beginner whats the point in suggesting a camera that costs $1,500 with extra lenses that average double the price of what hes initially looking at
doh.gif
Relax, relax mate whats a few quid among frands? He wants to do video whicht he cmaera is good for plus it's not like he going to need alot of glass for that and it isn't likely he would replace it anytime soon. Just think of it as an investment over time comes out to probably less than a person spend for movies and coffee.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts