Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just curious (and bored im in school on network)
my radiator has one fan attached to it cause im lazy poor wutever lol
is it better to have the 1 fan PUSH air thru radiator or PULL thru the radiator?
i need to get the best performance i can out of my setup cause my primary pc got hit by lightning

thx for any help ne1 can offer

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero

im just curious (and bored im in school on network)
my radiator has one fan attached to it cause im lazy poor wutever lol
is it better to have the 1 fan PUSH air thru radiator or PULL thru the radiator?
i need to get the best performance i can out of my setup cause my primary pc got hit by lightning

thx for any help ne1 can offer

Pushing through will be better. BTW you can make a shroud out of cardboard or tupperware to help the fan cool the rad better.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
if you are using a fan shroud to space the fan off the radiator, use the fan in a push fashion. If you have the fan mounted right to the radiator, use it to pull.

The best performance obviously being 2 fans, 2 shrouds, push one side pull with the other.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Pull is better than push. There have been studies at Procooling.com that have shown that when using 1 fan pulling is better. When pushing, the air speed is drastically reduced, as the air is ramming head-first (so to speak) into the radiator. This cuts down wind velocity quite a bit. Go with pull and use a definately use a shroud.

·
Registered
391 Posts
A shroud helps to create a tighter space and thus create better pressure and better performance. A fan in a pull config eliminates the deadspot on the fan also. If you have a shroud that is made right and is far enough away from the core pushing works quite well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts