Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone PLEASE help, I'm sick of nobody responding to my question in other threads, I wanna replace the push pins and i have a washer and screw set, well bunch of screws and wanna know if it's safe to replace the push pins BUT i see almost in every google search there is always a backplate but can it be done WITHOUT a backplate or is it a requirement? If so then i got no choice but to order the kit but i wanna know if it's possilble to use the screws i have and washers as a screw for my cpu cooler to get rid of those dreadful push pins ? Please help me.. i'm tired of getting ticked off and not getting my answer to my questions tonight!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At my own risk? Can you please explain? The screws are not suppose to touch the bottom of the plate? Explain please? lol

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pcnuttie View Post
Can it be done though? Without the backplate?
Quit being ghetto and just get a bolt through kit and do it correctly. There... There's your answer.

·

29,532 Posts
What people fail to realize is that you're basically going from push pins which do not need a backplate, to screws which do not need a backplate either (unless seriously tightened).

You'll be fine without a backplate, but I suggest you use a washer between the screw's head and the motherboard.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
At your own risk more or less means you have a fair chance of breaking your mobo. So attempt it at your own risk.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Yes it can be done. Make sure you're using the proper screws so that the pressure is evenly distributed and the cooler is secure.

And I'm going to recommend some plastic washers so you don't tear up your motherboard.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude don't tell me about my english i'm deaf and we speak differen english as taught also instead of your school. I don't appreciate the discrimination, reported.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post
Yes it can be done. Make sure you're using the proper screws so that the pressure is evenly distributed and the cooler is secure.

And I'm going to recommend some plastic washers so you don't tear up your motherboard.
washers such as like those red rings right? They're plastic after all. I have very small screws so it could probably be done. I don't mind trying it then again it wouldn't hurt to order the kit for it. Backplate seems to help but i know you don't need it anyhow.. thanks for your help! REP FOR YOU!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i can prevent that, apply a grain size, spread very thin and not get too close to the edge of the processor because we all know it will spread. Then apply heatsink and screws and run stress test and i probably will think it'll work. Still unsure but i know my theory could work.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Quote:

Dude don't tell me about my english i'm deaf and we speak differen english as taught also instead of your school. I don't appreciate the discrimination, reported.
Well, you did start this thread out kind of rudely. Deaf or not.. no excuse. Next time you ask a question, have some patience.

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Just tighten it until you hear the pop noise,

Just kidding just make sure it's nice and snug and not flexing the board it's pretty much common sense not to tighten to much, also it's a good idea to use nylon or thick paper washers between the metal and the board.

775 socket? I've got a extra back plate and gasket if you want it for the shipping cost you can have it...

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
really? got pics? can i see them? Do you have paypal? I decided not to try the ghetto way because i tested on a old motherboard and realized one is too big and the other set was too small and the bracket was a little off. Kit is safer but pm me i wanna see pics of the backplate and gasket please.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Quote:

So because you're deaf, you don't have to use punctuation?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts