Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a UPS notification the final parts arived today and will be waiting for me when I get home. Basically, I have all the parts, so just looking for any last miniute suggestions to make everything go easyier for me, as this is my first build from scratch.

Here is the build:

Mobo - P67A-UD7 B3
CPU - i7 2600K
TIM - AS5
Mem - 16GB Ripjaws X 1600 DDR3
GPU - GTX 470 (For now)
PSU - Antec TP-750 New
Sound - X-fi Extreme Gamer
Cooling - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240
Case - Lian Li Lancool K-62
Boot HD - 64GB C300 SSD
Storage HD - 160GB Raptor 10K
OS - Win 7 Home

Again, not really looking for sugestions on parts, as they are all already purshased and inhand. Looking more for any last minitue tips and checklist like "make sure to leaktest your liquid cooling setup". Stuff like that, that I might forget and overlook as this is my first build.

Thanks guys I wouldnt have even got this far without all your help!

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
You should post any problems or questions on the official K-62 forum (in my sig). Many have built similar systems to yours. Take your time and have fun!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!
I plan to flash BIOS with B3-F3.
The SSD is brand new so I dont need to erase it, but will download the latest firmware when I get home(update can be done after win7 install right?).

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsamurai;13088767
You should post any problems or questions on the official K-62 forum (in my sig). Many have built similar systems to yours. Take your time and have fun!
biggrin.gif
I have the 240 rad mounted under the the top exhuast fans right now. I am not sure if the latches on the DIMM slots will contact the rad or have enough clearance. I am praying it doesnt touch, but if it does I guess I will have to do more modding to the case
frown.gif

I will post pics on the k62 thread once I get some progress going
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuiees;13088827
I have the 240 rad mounted under the the top exhuast fans right now. I am not sure if the latches on the DIMM slots will contact the rad or have enough clearance. I am praying it doesnt touch, but if it does I guess I will have to do more modding to the case
frown.gif

I will post pics on the k62 thread once I get some progress going
smile.gif
Sounds good. If you have a few moments you could check out some other pics on the forum for ideas. It helped me with my cable management as I built my first rig with this case as well.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsamurai;13089054
Sounds good. If you have a few moments you could check out some other pics on the forum for ideas. It helped me with my cable management as I built my first rig with this case as well.
biggrin.gif
I have, and wish I had before ordering some of my stuff... Specifically I would have got the black ice stealth gt 240 rad. That way I would have been able to mount in the top without any mods. Oh well... When I add my GPU/S to the loop, I will add the black ice 240 and have dual 240 rads in a midtower
eek.gif

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuiees;13089145
I have, and wish I had before ordering some of my stuff... Specifically I would have got the black ice stealth gt 240 rad. That way I would have been able to mount in the top without any mods. Oh well... When I add my GPU/S to the loop, I will add the black ice 240 and have dual 240 rads in a midtower
eek.gif
You could always return and reorder...I know that sucks to think about waiting longer to build.
frown.gif
Or you could go with the epic dual 240 option!
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by solsamurai;13089505
You could always return and reorder...I know that sucks to think about waiting longer to build.
frown.gif
Or you could go with the epic dual 240 option!
biggrin.gif
As long as this RS240 fits, it will only be a matter of time before the epic dual 240 config is complete.

Cant wait to get off work so I can get his started!! ARRHHGG this last hour is going to kill me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts