Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,621 Posts
First add your hard drive and optical drive.
Then add psu + screw it in
Add copper risers into case
put in i/o shield if you haven't done so
add motherboard with ram, cpu, cpu cooler already installed (do this on mobo box prior to all of this, remember to add thermal paste)

Once inside, screw in the motherboard, do not screw in all the way (until you feel pressure)
Now add gpu and wire everything, then turn on computer check bios and see if everything is in ship shape, then install windows and enjoy

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
you need everything installed to get a computer running. yea deffinatly dont put it in your case until its all good. You need to have everything running outside the case first, this is the best way to do it, looks like your first build you might short it in the case, plus when in the case people seem to have problems. Just get everything going outside on the motherboard box, then once everything works, put it in the case.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morizuno
View Post

First add your hard drive and optical drive.
Then add psu + screw it in
Add copper risers into case
put in i/o shield if you haven't done so
add motherboard with ram, cpu, cpu cooler already installed (do this on mobo box prior to all of this, remember to add thermal paste)

Once inside, screw in the motherboard, do not screw in all the way (until you feel pressure)
Now add gpu and wire everything, then turn on computer check bios and see if everything is in ship shape, then install windows and enjoy

do i have to do anything special with my HDD, i have 1 ssd for my booting, and 2 500 gigs to do raid 1 with, and storge everything else.

for the SSD, is there anything else i should put on it, that will give a huge performance boost in the program, like antivirus?

·
Banned
2,621 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkwin
View Post

do i have to do anything special with my HDD, i have 1 ssd for my booting, and 2 500 gigs to do raid 1 with, and storge everything else.

for the SSD, is there anything else i should put on it, that will give a huge performance boost in the program, like antivirus?

Windows and maybe a game would be pretty much it depending on the size.(For SSD)

I never run 2 hard drives before, simply because I never use that much space. But, I can tell you how to install them, which is just either sliding them in and screwing, or using a tool less design which your case might have (idk)

EDIT: If you have a HAF, it should be self explanatory. But yeah, windows and a game would be it imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts