Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago I posted saying I achieved 3.6GHz 10Hrs stable in Prime 95.
Well for some reason now I am having problems with that very overclock that was stable. Is there anything I could do to possibly get that stability back again? The Vcore in the Bios is set to 1.5v but sits at 1.488 in CPU-Z at idle. The voltage drops to around 1.44 under full load. My temps are fine around 60C at full load. Is there any hidden voltages I could tweak safely for stability? Would it be safe to up the Vcore in the Bios to like 1.5125 or something to accommodate the drop in voltage? Thanks for all the help ahead of time. I request nicely to not reply unless you are trying to help.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
yes you can tweak your overvoltage to gain stability you need to overclock your chipset with 0.1 or 0.2 max an try to set the freq of the pcie at 100 mhz and do not raise your vcore above 1.5 it's not safe and try to lower the ram freq if you have it above 1000mhz

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can try to set your NorthBridge voltage to 1.4v, increase your vcore 2 steps up, make sure your memory voltage is set to rated specs.
I have my FSB @ 402 x9, systems says I have 403x9 = 3.627GHz.

Running a Q6600 on a P5K mobo.
LL

·
Registered
746 Posts
I would go with the cpuz voltage reading on load. You can bump the bios voltage to compensate and it should be ok. If you haven't touched your nb and fsb voltage you can bump it by notch for stability.

·
Fly on the wall
2,432 Posts
Have you ruled out any ram issues? I had a stable OC go bad and it was a ram stick going bad.

• Rep+
Reactions: SacredChaos

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by fonzye View Post
yes you can tweak your overvoltage to gain stability you need to overclock your chipset with 0.1 or 0.2 max an try to set the freq of the pcie at 100 mhz and do not raise your vcore above 1.5 it's not safe and try to lower the ram freq if you have it above 1000mhz

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebuchanan View Post
You can try to set your NorthBridge voltage to 1.4v, increase your vcore 2 steps up, make sure your memory voltage is set to rated specs.
I have my FSB @ 402 x9, systems says I have 403x9 = 3.627GHz.

Running a Q6600 on a P5K mobo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shedokan View Post
Raise the vcore +0.2 cause of the Vdropp, There's anything to worry about as long as the temp below 70c.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
I would go with the cpuz voltage reading on load. You can bump the bios voltage to compensate and it should be ok. If you haven't touched your nb and fsb voltage you can bump it by notch for stability.
I bumped it up 2 notches and it bounces between 1.504 and 1.488 in CPU-Z. I also bumped the NB up to .125.

Quote:

Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
Have you ruled out any ram issues? I had a stable OC go bad and it was a ram stick going bad.
I ran the Windows Memory thing and no problems. The funny part is that, that was the original problem with OC'ing in the past. I got a replacement and been good so far.

I'm gonna run OCCT for 2hrs and see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts