Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are contemplating turning PVRs.net into a content-centric site and would love to give members the opportunity to (1) attempt to rejuvenate the community within PVRs.net before the next two weeks or (2) contribute content to the content site should we decide to bring the PVRs.net community to a halt. Any contributions used would be rewarded with citing your name and a cash reward. More info to be decided should we go this direction.

So, if you are PVR enthusiast, head on over to PVRs.net if you would like to rekindle a community

·
Administrator
64,361 Posts
I Have seen Alot of people on the Forums who use PVRs and have Questions relating to them...If you want some top notch support news on them or a great community I would reccomend Checking it out here : http://www.pvrs.net/

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Perhaps a Section/Redirect is in order.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
I've tried to respond to every post there, but there's not much to respond to

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
I'm thinking a section for redirect in here would get it more attention.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
PVRs should just be merged into OCN...

·
Retired
2,445 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravity
View Post

I agree, we do have sections here for consoles in such, why not a section for PVR's?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gravity
View Post

Seconded.

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Um, what exactly is PVR? it doesn't say on the homepage...

·
Retired
2,445 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thiru
View Post

Um, what exactly is PVR? it doesn't say on the homepage...

Personal Video Recorder I believe.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tubnotub1
View Post

Personal Video Recorder I believe.

A PVR (Personal Video Recorder) or a DVR (Digital Video Recorder) is basically a TV tuner plus a DVD drive or a cassette bay or even a Hard drive without getting the PC status... Hard to explain any simpler

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
I agree with Duke. Maybe making all OC.net members PVR members and redirecting a PVR section here to PVRs.net will help.

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have something in the works that will allow Overclock.net members to easily register at other partner forums.

In terms of PVRs.net:

Why it's own forum? PVR building is fundamentally different than many of the types of discussions we have here. It could have it's own forum here but ideally we can build enough content there to allow it to live on its own.

Thank YOU for the members who are there and have tried to add value to the community! It does not go by unnoticed

Still deciding on next steps with the site. No matter what, we will maintain some presence in the PVR/DVR space.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi
View Post

It is noticeably slower than Overclock.net. Quite frequently I have to reload pages to get the thread to show.

Really? I've never had that happen.

I'd love to see it stay as forums, but at the current activity rates, I could see how a static site could be more appealing and effective.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELmo1989
View Post

Can some answer what is pvr??

PVR= Personal Video Recorder, like Tivo.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Wasn't there a HTPC section here before?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts