Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going on a trip to austrailia for two weeks come April, and I need some good noise cancelling headphones. I can spend around $150-$200. I went in to a Best Buy the other day and I tried on the qc 15s. They were really nice. I don't have $300 and I can't get enough by the time I leave. I don't really have a tuned ear where I can hear all of the detial of the headphones but I can tell the difference between good and bad heaphones. Can someone tell me what I would be sacrificing going with the pxc 350s (or any other headphones in that price range) vs the bose qc 15? Can you also tell be a good piar of headphones around my price range?

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want something that goes over the ear. I'm going to be listening to pretty much every kind music. Oh yeah I forgot to add that I like base.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Its bass, not base.
The pxc 350 is a little bass light but is really well made.

The blowse qc 15 has muddy and fake bass with tinny high's and is not that well made but it's really comfy and the noise canceling works great.

You can look at the Dr.Dre beats but they are pretty bad but if you only care about mediocre bass and noise canceling.

Nothing is good in active noise canceling.
you should look at some iem's like the Ultimate Ears TripleFi, Klipsch and Westone.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Usually earphones are better than headphones for noise isolation. my 20$ modified JVC marshmallows are awesome
i changed the earphone plug and kramer modded it

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I have the Bose QC15's. They are freaking awesome. The sound could be a bit better, but I am still 99% satisfied with them. The Noise Cancelation is incredible and has never failed me.

Yes they are a bit pricey, but worth it.

I was torn between the QC15's and the Beat by Dre. After handling the Beats at several stores I went for the 15's. Beats feel low quality and cheap. Sound is "ok", but I wouldn't pay more then $150 for them.

I upgraded to the 15's from a pair of $50 Sony Noise Cancelation headphones. I fly to work every money and fly home on Thursdays. I needed a good pair of headphones.

·
Premium Member
8,183 Posts
have you considered in-ears? They will isolate much more + more portable

1 - 7 of 7 Posts