Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I yesterday did the pinmod that increased voltage to 1.4v.
However the bios showed 1.268v still the same as before.
But my cpu fans were making much noise maybe because of a working 1.4v but not reading correctly.

Conclusion:
- Maybe I connected the wrong pins?
- My motherboard maybe doesn't like pin mods?

So I am stuck with setfsb then? I can get it to 3.0 ghz stable and 3.1 unstable on this default voltage.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
you have an intel board or OEM board im guessing since you have no control over the CPU Vcore in the bios. if so, it wont tell you the change in voltage because the bios and software programs show what is set in bios, not what is actually being used, and for intel/oem boards, this is normally hard fixed into the bios. the only way youll know is if your temps are higher than before, and if your overclock reaches higher than before. so id say since your CPU fan is spinning up faster, then you have successfully done a 1.4v pinmod on your Q6600. good work, make sure you post up your overclock improvements

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my board is from gigabyte. I am able to reach up to 3.1 GHz after the 1.4v pinmod... Then it will freeze. Shouldnt I be able to reach more at this voltage?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to connect the 6th pin on the 3rd row with 7th pin on 3rd row right?
That´s the 1.4V correct?

What is the max safe temp I should be reaching?

(If you keep in mind the BSEL2 would be in the right bottom somewhere)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
ohk, sorry about the late reply, um, max safe temp stated by intel is is 72.5*C, however, if you reach 80*C on Prime95 that should be ohk as you will not get that high in anything else. as for your 3.1ghz issue, 1.4v should be enough, id guess that the issue your having is from another part of your motherboard not getting voltage, such as Northbridge, or most likely your Ram (3.1ghz would be a huge overclock on your ram as well), could you post up the make and model of your motherboard so i can do some research into its bios settings?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts